Chapter Twenty Four

-Christine's POV-

The day finally came round for Niall to leave and spend time with Brianna. It killed me inside more than I would let him know. After confessing my love for him last night, I was a bit hurt that he didn't return the gesture. But I knew that it was unfair to force those sorts of emotions to be returned.

Niall packed William's baby bag as I put on a brave face and played with the perfect angel while we waited. Dipping William down, he giggled that cute laugh of his as I pulled him back up and gave him an Eskimo kiss. Then I dipped him upside down again before deciding that it was enough for the little one.

"You going to be a good boy for me today?" I asked as his hands put themselves on my cheeks and he regarded my entire face.

"Chri." He smiled as I kissed his forehead and swayed us side to side.

"Ok you two," after a few minutes, I turned and looked to see Niall smiling over at us as he stood just watching, "it's time for us to go." William whined and leant his head on my chest as I walked him over to his father.

"You got everything you need?"

"All done and packed." Niall smiled taking a whiney William as I gave the little boy one last kiss to the forehead. Then returning my gaze up to Niall, he had already leant in and stole a kiss from me. His face pulled away a few inches though I pulled it back and pressed my lips harder to his than I normally would for a goodbye kiss.

Our breaths mingled as Niall cupped the back of my neck to hold our plump skin together. Eventually, he pulled away and licked his lips looking over at me. His mouth opened and closed as he went to speak but decided against it.

"We'll be back later." He gave a short forced smile as my insides dropped a bit. But I wasn't going to show him anything that could drag him down. Is this a bad time to remember that I had just made a song preference? Freaking hell, focus Christine!

"I'll be waiting." He looked back at the door and gave a wave as William did as well; waving all the way out the door until I couldn't see him anymore.

My smile suddenly dropped and I looked at my feet after I heard the door close. I have a bad feeling about Brianna. I know what she's like after our small encounters but it's enough to let me know that she's willing to go to all extremes to win Niall back.

He wouldn't be stupid enough to fall into her trap. Though she is pretty and skinny and is the biological mother to William, I don't see why he wouldn't want his family back together. Isn't it every man's dream to have the perfect wife and child? Fuck, I don't know. I've never dated a guy with a child before Niall. I don't know what to think.

As the anxiety began to eat me up, I rushed into the kitchen to grab fattening foods and shoving them all on one plate. I was going to do nothing provocative today; I didn't feel like it. So I got myself comfortable on the couch and pulled up social media to try and distract myself, even if it's just for a little while.

. . .

Lying against the couch, my eyes just stared at the black leather interior. It's almost five o'clock and Niall still isn't back. My gut kept churning as my thoughts ran wild about what could have possibility kept him back so long.

Maybe he realised that he needed his true family. Maybe his tire blew out and he's waiting for service. Maybe in a few minutes he'll pop in with takeaway and explain how he was held up in line for it.

I was on the verge of sleeping, but I tried to keep myself awake until he walked back through the entrance door. But my phone suddenly vibrated and I sat up eagerly before snatching the device into my hands.

Unknown: i won.

What? This message made no sense to me. But a few moments later, two pictures attached were sent over to my phone as my eyes suddenly widened. Enlarging them, I felt like I needed to throw up and cry and sob and hit something and hurt myself all at the same time.

The photos were of Brianna and Niall naked but hidden under the sheets. She had taken a picture of them both. Niall was fast asleep but Brianna was happily cuddled into his bare chest. There was scratch marks and it was obvious what that had just done.

Throwing the phone away, I bolted to the bathroom and threw up into the toilet.

I'm such a fucking idiot. There was a reason why Niall didn't say he loved me back. Why I made a complete ass out of myself. Everything we had, every promise he made was a lie. He was probably building up all these fake lies to get me where he wanted me. In bed.

I felt so disgusted. He had touched me in ways that made me feel so betrayed. He acted like he cared and pretended that he wasn't embarrassed of me; he probably only put those pictures up online to create rumors so he could stay in the light of the media.

Brianna had won; and she was always going to win.