Chapter Sixty Five

-Niall's POV-

"C'mon!" Christine laughed, running over to the tiger mascot with William in her hold. I laughed to myself and followed her, pram in toll.

A lot had been happening to our family lately and I thought we all deserved a day away from the drama. So I had driven us all down to the London zoo, and the other two seemed to very much like that idea.

"Niall! Come on!" Christine laughed, gesturing me over so the three of us could take a photo. Biting my lip, I approached the woman dressed up with the mascot and handed her my phone and the pram. Then joining the two, I wrapped my arm around Christine's waist as I smiled for the camera.

"Big smiles!" Christine leant into my side, a large genuine smile on her face. I loved that smile of hers. It was so perfect and I don't know how, but it always made me feel like I was falling in love with her all over again.

Christine is the one. I know it.

"Perfect!" The woman came over to me with my pram and phone. I thanked her and stepped out of the way to let younger children take photos with the mascot.

"Da!" William called as Christine brought him back over to me.

"Hey buddy!" I smiled, gripping the pram with one hand. "What's up?" He then pouted up at me and bit his fingers.

"Oh, I think somebody's hungry." Christine kissed his cheek and smiled up at me. "Is it lunch time Daddy?" Biting my lip at her using the word, I took a moment to answer from my dirty thoughts.

"Let's go get something to eat then." William smiled once again as Christine put him back into the pram. It was a bit hot today, and some shade would do William some good.

I reached a hand over and wrapped an arm around Christine's waist. She stepped beside me and helped guide the pram as we walked.

I've noticed that there's been a change in her lately. That she seems more snuggly towards William, and more distant to anything else other than both my son and I.

I think Lou's words must have really left her thinking that she was tearing me from everyone else.

Which is bullshit.

I was dedicated to my career and my son before I met Christine. And I will admit, I was a major asshole then too. But she's just... she's brightened my life and she's brought the best out in me. And now I get to share my life with woman I love and my son I adore.

"Baby," I whispered and snuck a kiss to Christine's cheek, "I love you." I did. With every fibre in my being.

"I love you too Niall." The words would always make my heart pound in my chest. If there was anything that could bring me to cloud nine, it was Christine. "Look!" She drew my attention before us, letting my eyes land on a small café. It was a build higher over the walkway, so the only way to get up there was to use the wooden stairs. Ugh great. We all know how well prams and stairs go together.

"Baby," I stopped the pram and came around to the front of it, "can you take William?" Christine had glanced at the stairs and back at me before it finally clicked.

"Of course." She nodded, pulling the younger boy into her arms once again. Glancing back up at the stairs, I let out an inaudible sigh and grabbed the front of the pram, beginning to pull it up to the café. Christine stood at the top, waiting patiently as she pouted while watching me. "I could have helped." Her voice had me look to her once again after I had straightened my back out.

"But you already did." With a wink, I came back behind the pram and pushed it inside the shop. Christine followed closely, visibly relaxing once the air conditioning had hit her skin. "What would you like princess? I'll buy you anything you desire." And I would in a heartbeat.