Chapter Sixty One

-Christine's POV-

The first thing that hit my senses as I walked into the party was the smell of smokes and no doubt drugs. The lights were flashing over the lounge room, so I couldn't really see anything other than jumping and dancing bodies.

Niall tightened his hand in mine as he pulled me closer into his side. I looked around, pushing hair away from my shoulder and leaning into Niall. He took his hand from mine and wrapped it around my waist, kissing my forehead.

"C'mon! This way!" Indie took my hand and pulled me through the crowd of dancing people. Niall held my hips and followed me through as Louis followed after him. "Let's get some drinks!" Indie cheered and came into the familiar looking kitchen.

I followed her to the fridge as she knelt before it.

Niall kissed my shoulder and wrapped his arms around me as Louis knelt beside Indie.

"Niall, want some beer?" Niall looked over my shoulder and sighed.

"Do I have to?" Louis rolled his eyes and smiled, handing Niall the alcohol. Niall hesitatly took the drink as Indie stood, giving me my own bottle. I didn't really like beer, but that didn't mean I couldn't drink it. I just preferred other drinks over beer.

"Let's go outside and get some fresh air." Indie spoke up and took my hand again. Niall took my other hand and the four of us went out the back, each with our own drinks.

The cool air caused me to shiver and pull my jacket closer to me. I hadn't really dressed for the occasion tonight. Ditching the dress I could have worn and putting on some black leather pants and a black crop top instead. Lucky this jacket goes to the end of my behind, keeping everything warm.

"Indie?" The caller had Indie and I look over to see the party host approach us. Niall growled and pulled me back, forcing me to let go of Indie's hand.

"Lucas," Indie pulled on a smile, I'm not sure if it was fake or not, and let Lucas embrace her.

"It's been awhile hasn't it?" He smirked and leant closer, giving her bum a slap. Niall tightened his hand on my hip and kept me at his chest. "Christine! Glad you could make it!" Lucas came over to us though Niall pulled himself between Lucas and I.

"Don't touch her." His voice was deep and intimidating, Lucas clearly getting the message and backing up with his hands raised.

"Alright mate, alright. No need to cause a scene."

"That's Christine's boyfriend." Indie clarified, taking a swig of her drink before crossing her arms over her chest.

"You don't say." Louis looked at Niall, his back to Lucas as he insinuated him to be a dick sucker. Niall cracked a smile as I drank my beer. "Anyway, come sit with us Indie! One of the boys actually brought cocaine." My eyes widened as did the boys.

"U-uh," Indie looked over at us for some help. I went to step in, but Louis beat me to it.

"As much as we would love to get high off our faces," his sarcasm prominent, "Indie and I had plans to do some shots inside."

"We did?" Indie asked, me face palming myself.

"We did." Louis looked at her, trying to signal her to go along with it.

"Oh! We did!" She caught on as Niall tugged me towards the back of the building. So taking his hand, I let him lead me subtly away from the eyes of others and around to the side of the house. It had some lights and bits of litter around this part, but no drunken people.

"Baby, I don't want to be here." Niall admitted, looking directly at me.

"I know, but as long as we keep a distance from Lucas or anybody else trying to grab our arses, we should be ok." He hummed and put his drink down before grabbing my hips.

"I love you." Niall whispered, leaning down and kissing me. I draped my arms over Niall's shoulders and returned Niall's kiss. Too bad it didn't last long.

"Long time no see," the voice had us pull apart, my eyes squinting to see who was just out of sight from the light, "Christine." That voice... holy shit, no way.

"C-Chris?" Niall's eyes widened as he instantly pulled me behind him.

"I heard rumour that you were going to be at the party Christine, but I had to see for myself." He sounded so cold, so daunting. And as he stepped into the light, I saw that he hadn't changed much, except for my facial hair growth.

"What the fuck do you want?" Niall growled threateningly, Chris simply smirking at him.

"And look, she brought her little famous toy with her. I'm surprised nobody's mobbed you yet."

"With everybody drunk off their face, you wouldn't really expect to be mobbed." Chris chuckled darkly and neared us. "Stay back asshole!"

"There's no need to be rude, I just want to say hello to Christine." Well I didn't want to say hello to him.

"Fuck off, I'm warning you." Niall threatened, his fists balling by his sides.

"What are you gonna do leprechaun? You gonna hit me? Go on, I dare you." Chris' face fell blank as he glared at Niall. Niall took a threatening stel forward though I reached for his arm.

But another arm behind me snatched me back, making me scream wide eyed. Niall snapped his head back for his eyes to widen too.

"Christine!" He yelled, the big man holding me back only chuckled sickly, his breath smelt strongly of alcohol. Niall advanced towards us but was knocked down by Chris.

"Niall!" I cried and flung around, only to be restrained by the stranger. "Chris don't! Please don't!" Chris knocked Niall down as he tried yo get back up.

"What huh? Don't what? Don't hurt your boyfriend?" The word had set something off in Chris, his whole being growing colder. "I remember when I was your boyfriend, I loved you with everything I had!" He yelled, kicking Niall in the stomach.

"No! Please!" The tears began down my face.

"I obviously didn't beat you enough Christine! Because you left me! You left me behind, and when I came back to your house, you were gone! I didn't get a fucking goodbye or anything!"

I cried, shaking my head and staring at my fallen drink.

"Why didn't you say goodbye Christine? Why didn't you try and work things out with me? Huh!" Chris stomped over.

"Don't fucking touch her!" Niall yelled, clutching his stomach as he forced himself back to his feet. "She left you, because you were a no good piece of shit! And because she loved me."

The words had Chris turn and punch Niall square in the jaw. I kept screaming for Chris to stop and for this asshole to let go of me, but neither of them did. Niall took some hard hits but nevertheless kept fighting back.

Niall was right, we should have left when we had the chance.

"Hey!" The faint figure approach and Louis came into sight, followed by Indie. "Get the fuck off of him!" Chris came to his feet and went to advance at Louis, but with one swift punch, Chris found himself on the ground. "Indie-"

"I got it." She said, leaning down and trying to help Niall up.

"And you," Louis pointed his finger at the guy holding me back. Soon enough, I found myself to have been dropped on the floor, my feet scrambling over to Louis. The man ran from the scene as I ran into Louis' arms.

I cried into his chest as he wrapped his arms around me and tried to coo me to calm down. I just want to go home, that's all I want.

. . .