"How long do you think he's going to keep it up?"

"He's stubborn, I know you're waiting for him to crack but, he's getting something out of this. You're not."

"He's relentless. I don't want her near Ean, I don't trust her. This is where I need you to come in. I need you to make sure she's never alone with him."

"Why would I do that? I'm back being in good with Eric, I don't need you."

"I still remember the exact reason why you kissed me so don't think for a second-"

"Elena please, enough with the threats. I'm not scared of you and whatever happened is the best. It was in the moment, don't flatter yourself, I don't like you." he shrugs his shoulders.
"Peter, I know you still care about this family. Please, I don't trust her."

Peter rolls his eyes, my apartment door slams open startling us. It's Eric.

"Peter!" Eric yells. "What're you doing, come on and stop making out."

Peter bows his head and walks out of my apartment.

"You're unbelievable you know that?" I say to Eric before he follows Peter in leaving.

He shuts the door and walks closer to me.

"And why is that?" He crosses his arms. His biceps bulging and his veins popped out.

"This whole thing with Peter and Vanessa, it's all to get back at me. You did it you got back at me ten times worse, are you ready to just give up? I can't see why you're still acting like you like your airhead girlfriend." I use the word girlfriend against him.

"I'm not getting back at you," he says simply. "Vanessa is a beautiful girl, she's strong, she's got long legs," he leans in closer, " she's great in bed."

I roll my eyes. "There's still Erudite in you so I know that you're a smart boy. But that doesn't mean I'm not smart either. I was Candor and I can read body language better than anyone. I also know when you're lying and all this shit about you liking Vanessa, it's all lies." I cross my arms.

"You'd like to think you know me so well and that this is all just a game to make you jealous but oh honey, your jealousy is just a plus. I'm tired of your games Elena. You were unfaithful, conflicted, obnoxious and worst of all always disobeying me. I'm over you, the only reason we're still seeing each other like this is because you're Ean's mother and he has a right to see you. If it was my choice I'd take him."

I clench my fists together in frustration, I'm speechless at what he's saying to me. I want to admit I'm a good candor, well I did leave for a reason, if Eric is lying he's a pretty damn good liar. I think he's telling the truth.

"If I had a choice, I'd leave this faction with Ean and never see you again either so, ditto," my voice breaking.

"Don't be so dramatic Elena. I'm the best parent Ean has in this relationship. He has a good for nothing mother who doesn't belong in Dauntless and can't work. Then he has a father who supports him and will train him to become Dauntless just like me."

"You're estimating that he's going to automatically take a liking to Dauntless. What if he's a wimp? A book worm? What if he's a peaceful Amity, or even a selfless Abnegation? You think you're the best father because you're a dauntless leader when you have no clue how Ean is going to turn out, judged off the person you are, he probably won't take a liking to you."

"That's funny Elena," he chuckles lightly. "I don't care how Ean is going to grow up, I don't care about him possibly wanting to go into another faction, even if it's fucking Candor. I am the one taking care of him, I'm providing for him and I love him."