She felt Hatter's intense gaze on her face. She looked up, "I know that alcohol intensifies the pain but I have to do it,ok?"

Hatter just shook his head, "That's not what I was worrying about; I was worrying about you."

Lisbeth groaned, "Come on! Don't worry about me; I'm not the one who has just been shot!"

"But you are the one sitting there with a busted up face; given to you, I am sure, by someone you think you care about."

Lisbeth glared up at him before turning to get a thread and needle. She felt Hatter move closer to her, his hand on her shoulder. "Just give me the word, my lady, and I will get you out. We will run far away."

Lisbeth snapped back around hitting the hand off her shoulder. "You really must have a death wish, you know that?? You can't keep talking this way to me-what if he or one of the men overhear? Now please just shut up so I can concentrate on my work or this will be a whole lot more painful than it has to be!"

Hatter leaned back and closed his eyes, trying to block out the pain from his arm being stitched back together.

"You must really care about him to stay,"
He finally said as Lisbeth finished her work.

"I'm not talking about this anymore," she said seriously, as she threw away all the bloody cloths and cleaned up the medical kit.

"I like you a lot, Brandon," she whispered, "So I will not be responsible for anything bad happening to you. So please...just stop."

He looked like he wanted to say more but the door opened revealing a tired looking Harley and Jonny.

"Is he good to go?" Jonny asked glancing at Hatter.

"I think he should rest.." Lisbeth said before she was cut off by a laugh from Jonny.

"Oh my lady, Boss' men don't rest. They get fixed up and start again! Hatter back out with the other men."

Hatter murmured a quick thank you to his nurse before leaving the room.

"Ladies, shall we go?"

Lisbeth looked over at Harley.

"J wants us to go home. He has to handle some stuff before he leaves."

Lisbeth nodded and headed towards the door after the other two. She walked with her head down hoping not to see J.

They got out to the car and Lisbeth climbed into the backseat after Harley. As the car started Lisbeth felt Harley's hand intertwine with her own and she couldn't help but smile. The comfort and warmth of it reminded her of when she was sick as a child and the only remedy was her mother's hugs.

They rode in mutual silence until they neared the house, and Lisbeth turned to Harley, "I...is...I mean,"she stuttered out, looking at her lap, "Did you talk to Mister J? Is he mad at me; do you think he will ever forgive me?"

Harley stared at her Nursey, not believing her ears. Here this sweet girl sat with a broken face and all she could think about is if the man who gave it to her, would forgive her. Harley knew then what she had to do.

"Of course, sweetums! You just have to play it right!" She leaned over the front seat as Jonny parked in front of the large house.

"Jonny baby! When Mistah J gets home, will you tell him his princess would like to beg his foregiveness?!"

Jonny nodded and opened the door of the car for the two ladies. Harley grabbed Lisbeth's wrist and pulled her towards the house.

"Come on Nursey, we are going to put you in the sweetest most innocent thing you have-he won't be able to not forgive you!"