Brilliant(not) Idea!

“What were you and Troy talking about? I asked him as we sat down at a table, him with an iced tea and me with a caramel frap.

“Just stuff,” he said. “So did you know that Cole and Ashley were dating?”

“No, she didn’t tell me. Maybe she started that very day?”

“Stop fooling yourself. She trusted him enough to cry on his shoulder. So maybe they started long ago.”

“But then why didn’t she tell me about it?”

“I don’t know.”

“All these years of friendship gone down the drain. I used to tell her fucking everything. And I thought she did too. Until this.” My face fell.

“Hey calm down. It might have been an extreme case or something. Was she cheerful that day when you guys fought?”

“No, now that I think of it, she was irritable even before I told her everything.”

“Voila! That proves that she does have something going on at home. I was right!” he had a satisfied grin on his face.

“Good for you! So what do I do now?”

“Um, maybe you should talk to her. Wait I know the perfect place for this. At Wendy’s party!”

“Except that I’m not going.”

“Why? The whole school is invited.”

“My mom said no. Apparently I don’t dedicate enough time to studies.”

“She has got to be kidding. How about I convince her?”

“Why would you do that? Your girlfriend Wendy doesn’t want me there.”

“About that, she’s just being a bitch. She’s a nice girl really. Please come!”

“Okay, so let’s assume I come, and Ashley is there too, then I just go up to her and accuse her of not tell me she had a boyfriend? Jake, the idea is as bad as it sounds!”

“It’s not. Wait, I have the most brilliant idea. Leave all of that to me. The party is this Saturday. Today is Wednesday. All you have to do is try being nice to her during school time. Look at her a bit weirdly every time Cole is around her and try to find out if anything’s going on at home. If she is a true friend, then by the time the party’s over, she’ll be telling you everything!”

“But what are you going to do?” I looked at him suspiciously.

“Hehe, you leave that all to me. After all, I do have the perks of being the birthday girl’s boyfriend.”

I still wasn’t convinced. But with Jake, anything could happen.

Teenage DiariesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara