Dream Ride

I went home in a bus. The stop was really far from my house so I had to walk a lot. I put in my earphones and trudged along the footpath.

I heard a faint honk to my right. I looked that way. Zach was in his Audi waving at me. He said something.

"What? I cant hear you!" I shouted.

He then said something else but gave up seeing my blank face. He then brightened up again and pointed at his ear and acted as if taking out something from it. I imitated him when it finally dawned upon me that I was wearing earphones. I turned red and gave a shy smile.

"Thank you god! Angela can finally hear!" he raised his hands in the air and I giggled. Me on the footpath and him in the car. "You realize I have been trying to reach you from the past ten minutes? Screw that," he then dug into something in his car and handed me my math book.

"thanks'" I said and put the book in my bag.

"so where are you going?" he asked me.

"Home?" it sounded like a question more than an answer.

"It seems im heading in the same direction so maybe I can drop you?"

"but you don't live in my area."

"I don't, but I'm going to the department store there"

"oh."

"don't just stand there, get in!" he opened the door to the passenger seat.

I hesitated for a while and got in, shutting the door. The engine came to life with a soft purr.

The drive was quiet, and we hardly spoke anything.

"You were right, your notes were useless." Zach broke the silence.

"I told you so!" I raised my eyebrows and smirked a bit.

"I thought that maybe they would be better than mine but they were worse! Im so glad im better than you in math. That's a huge deal okay?" he quickly added as I laughed.

The car came to a stop as we reached my house.

"Thanks," I said. Then it clicked to me. "How did you know where I live?" I looked at him with suspicious eyes.

He chuckled and pointed to my mailbox. The Hastings. Right.

"okay... well thanks again!" I quickly got out of the car to avoid embarrassment and he drove off with a see you later.

I removed my house keys from my bag and opened the door, shutting it behind me as I got in and was welcomed by Snow, my huge two-year-old husky.

"Hey Snow!" I bent down on my knees and scratched him under his ears as he licked me all over my face.

I got up and went up to my room after greeting my mom who was in the kitchen, followed by Snow. This was like my daily routine after coming back home. Next comes doing homework, finishing it while listening to music and then read a book. Gosh, I'm really a nerd.

I opened the door to my room. Sitting inside were, take a wild guess, Lucy, May, Tanya and Ashley. In their hands were make up kits, clothes and god knows what else.

"um," I was till standing.

"Sorry, Angela, I lied. Actually Tanya and I were at the mall but we were checking out the latest fashions and stuff like that." Ashley told me.

"its fine." I said awkwardly.

We stood still, staring at each other awkwardly. Suddenly Snow gave a small bark and rushed out of the room.

"Is that the doorbell?"

"can it be your brother?"

"ohmygosh what if it is!"

They all started at once, gushing and fangirling. Let me explain. Unfortunately, I am not an only child and have an elder brother. Even more unfortunately, Troy aka the devil's spawn is two years older than me, goes to Princeton University and is the total opposite of what I am in high school – hot, bad boy to others, good boy to parents and the devil's child to me. And –ew- my friends seem to have a crush on him. They tell me this –

"You are so lucky you have a brother who is a double of Liam Hemsworth!" or

"I hope you have been saying nice things about me to Troy. Hopefully we'll get married."

See what I mean? Ew.

So anyways, I managed to calm these idiots down and went out of the room to meet him. Okay, so he may be constantly irritating me but he's my brother after all and came home after two months. I went downstairs and found him hugging my mom while Snow bounded happily around him. Then he saw me and gave me a bonecrushing hug.

"hey sister."

"hello brother dear." I smiled and suddenly screamed.

"Trrooooooyy!!! I will kill you!!" I cursed him while trying to take out the ice he had put in the back of my tshirt. He was on the floor laughing his ass off.

"Troy," my mother scolded him. "be nice to Angela."

"yeah sorry. But its after a such a long time I saw you guys. And the faces she makes- epic!" he continued chuckling as I managed to punch him in his rock-hard abs.

I heard a tiny "hey" behind me. I turned and saw all of my friends standing shyly and Lucy was brave enough to wave at my brother.

"oo, is this a welcome party or something? Well thanks Angie's friends! I'm gonna go to my room." He said the last part to mum and headed off upstairs with his luggage slightly brushing past May and Ashley. They started giggling instantly. " Seriously May?" I raised an eyebrow at her and we all went back to my room leaving my mom is a confused state.

"well Troy is out of reach and John surely won't mind me having a crush on an out of reach boy." She said matter-of-factly, referring to her boy friend John who didn't go to our school.

Then suddenly I was pushed into my bathroom.

"what?" I looked at all of them, who had a sudden change of mood. Now, all of them had a determined and serious look on their faces.

"Girls, Mission Impossible commences." Said Tanya.

Shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DONE DONE DONE!

THAT WAS A QUICK UPDATE FOR ALL OF YOU THERE, WHO, BY GOD'S MIRACLE, ARE STILL READING THIS LITTLE EXPERIMENT. ANYWAYS LOVE YOU ALL AND DONT HESITATE IN VOTING FOR THIS CHAPTER!
BYE!

~misswhateverr