Shocking News

“He started it!” I pointed at Troy, who was on the couch, giving puppy dog eyes to my mom who had her hands on her hips, looking at me sternly. I glared at Troy, who was completely fine by the way.

“Angela, you are seventeen.” She then turned to Troy, who had resumed his sick-face after making faces at me. “And Troy, you are twenty. Both of you try to act like your age. I don’t know what to do with you two.” She shook her head and walked off to her room.

Troy stuck his tongue out at me.

“What? You started it!” I exclaimed.

“What you did was harsh! What if I died?”

“Puh-lease” I scoffed. “You are too thick-headed to die.”

“And you are my baby sister.” He cooed.

“Whatever.” I scrunched up my face at him and went over to Snow. He licked my face happily as I resumed attaching the leash to him. I was going to take him out for a walk before Troy complained about me.

I stuffed the house keys and my phone in my shirt’s pocket and popped my earphones in my ears and headed out. The park was the perfect place to go to, where I could have some peace. I broke into a jog and reached there in five minutes. I took a few rounds there before I was too tired and then flopped down on the grass, both Snow and me huffing. I pulled him close to me and snapped a selfie. Satisfied, I uploaded it on Instagram with a quote – “Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.”

Don’t ask me why I wrote that; maybe because that was what I felt like right now.

No sooner than I updated it that I got a text on my phone.

Where are you?

I texted Jake back.

Why? :/

Because there’s something I want to tell you.

Just say it.

If r free right now come over to the Park. I’m standing near the gate.

Why?

I was growing annoyed with his texting in mysterious ways. If I weren’t at the park I wouldn’t have gone at all. I tugged at Snow’s leash and he got up, following me as I headed towards the entrance.

As I drew near to the gate, I could make out Jake’s crouched figure. Growing confused I walked over to him. He was hiding in the bushes and was looking through the bushes at a couple near by. I tapped him on the shoulder and instantly he pulled me down.

“What is wrong with you-“ I protested and he put a hand on my mouth, silencing me.

“Shut up will you? Come nearer and look there.” He whispered.

I awkwardly drew nearer to him, feeling his body heat. Yes, I was that near to him. Our knees were touching and so were our shoulders. And yes, it did send tingles down my spine. I shook all the feelings out and tried to recognize the couple. Blonde hair, short and tears in eyes.

“Ashley?” I whispered in shock.

“Took you long enough to figure that out genius. And that guy with her is Cole. I don’t really know him, have talked to him once or twice, but he’s in my Physics class.”

I looked at Cole. He has tall and lanky figure with brown hair sticking up in all directions. He rubbed Ashley’s shoulders as she hugged him and then both of them walked away, holding hands. Was she dating someone? She didn’t even tell anyone about it. Why was she crying?

As their figures disappeared round the corner, Jake got up, brushed off grass from his pants and held out his hand for me. I took it and did the brushing.

“Let’s go to the Starbucks that’s two blocks from here.”

“Okay, except that I’m dressed like a homeless person.” I looked at my outfit, loose t-shirt over pink shorts and running shoes. Oh, and I was so sweaty that I could drench a handkerchief in it. Not a good look for a café.

“I need to change and drop Snow back home. I will take five minutes. Meet me here.” I told him.

“How about I come along?”

After some hesitation I agreed and we went back home. He sat on the couch, playing with Snow while I dashed upstairs.

I took a quick shower and wore a pair of jeans and a white tank top with a red jacket. I decided to put on my fave old Chuck Taylors and finger-brushed my still damp hair. I was good to go. When I reached the living room I found Brother Dear and Jake in an animated conversation which stopped as soon as they saw me. Jake got up.

“So see you later man.” He gave my brother his signature two-fingered wave.

“Yeah, just tell me when you do it okay?” they did a fist bump and Jake dragged me out, before I could ask any questions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANY IDEAS AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ASHLEY? COMMENT YOUR VIEWS! 

AND I KNOW IT WAS A QUICK UPDATE! 

PLEASE SUGGEST THIS STORY TO OTHERS IF YOU LIKE IT! 

~misswhatverr