Tick-Tock

The next day I woke up early, took my own sweet time to get ready.

I was in the middle of wearing my bra when the doorbell rang.

Must be the mailman probably, I thought and continued clasping the hooks at the back.

“Hey I-“ The door opened and Jake walked in, then paused.

I was sitting on the bed, with only my bra and a pair of jeans on.

“Oh Um, sorry.” Jake grew red and covered his eyes, while I quickly pulled on a blue shirt with a speed I never knew I possessed.

Oh God, this was so embarrassing. I felt myself heating up.

Right after I was decent, I ran towards him and hit him hard on his head.

“Ow!” he cringed.

“You perverted monkey. Stupid, stupid idiot! Don’t you know how to knock on doors? Its good I was still wearing SOMETHING, but don’t you have any shame? Its not good barging into people’s rooms just like that!” I said all at once, and then paused, catching my breath while he was grimacing from all the hits he had gotten.

“I’m sorry. I just came in like that because I figured you would be sleeping. Your mom said you were. I just wanted to wake you up.” He said quietly, and I cooled down a bit. I channeled a bit of my anger towards my mom.

“Why are you here so early?” I asked.

“I thought maybe we could go to school together from now on.” He said, and I felt myself calming down.

“Really?” I smirked at him.

“It’s just- we- live- same- neighborhood- my car.” He spoke really fast and I caught on enough to know what he was trying to say.

Despite myself, I pulled his cheek.

“You’re so cute when you stutter.” I said, then widened my eyes.

I did not just say that.

I did not call him cute.

Shit.

“I didn’t mean that!” I said quickly and he smirked.

“Aw, I know you think I’m cute, everybody does,” he said.

That vain asshole.

I sighed, and walked out of the room, with him following me.

“Mom?” I called and she looked up from her coffee.

“How could you just let Jake in my room just like that?” I demanded.

“Calm down, its just Jake.” She said and went back to her coffee, leaving me speechless.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA??

My mom did not just say that.

Jake sniggered and dragged me out of the house and into his car.

His car engine came to life with a soft purr and he played some ACDC songs in the sound system thing- whatever it was.

I soon found myself nodding to the beats.

“Um,” I heard Jake say.

I turned my head to him.

“I’m sorry about the um- morning incident.”

“Yeah, it’s okay.”

“Good”

“I’ll just take my revenge.” I said evilly.