Scars

I looked at Jake in disbelief. His red knuckles were in my hands, and he squirmed.
"You... You beat him up?" My voice was feeble and I could feel my throat sting. He didn't say anything, instead, took my hand and guided me out of the parking lot, to a secluded area at the back of the school.
"Angela he did something to you that's unimaginable. What was I supposed to do, just stand in a corner and watch while you went through hell every time he passed you?" He said when he stopped, dropping my hand.
He knew. He had always known. He had noticed my reactions every time that bastard had come in my sight. But how could he hit him? I felt my eyes go blurry but I fought back the tears.
"Jake why did you hit him? Why?" I demanded, my voice breaking at the end.
He gently held my shoulder and spoke softly.
"That asshole did something bad. He deserved to be punished." His pupils were as large as marbles, drowning out the brown irises.
"You weren't supposed to be the one to punish him." I shot and he inhaled sharply.
"I was going to sort things out, soon. After the play maybe, since things right now are crazy. But you weren't supposed to do it for me!" I looked at him.
"Sure"he laughed humourlessly. "You would totally confront him and demand an apology." He shot back.
"That's exactly the reason why I didn't tell you!" I dug a finger in his chest.
"Why do you have to take everything in your own hands? Let me fight my own fights! I'm not weak. I can face my challenges. You don't have to face them for me, you've got your own to face! First the Wendy thing, and now this! Why can't you let me give those pieces of shit my mind? Why are you doing this?" A shouted, and felt a teardrop trickle down my cheek.
Jakes eyes flashed, and the hurt he felt could clearly be seen on his face. I instantly regretted every word that had come out of my mouth. I had been too harsh and said things without thinking. 
He hung his head down.
"So that's what you think?" He said quietly, with no emotion.
I sighed. Running my fingers through my hair I held out a hand, about to touch his shoulder.
"Jake, I'm sorry-" I said but he cut me off, looking up and his state pierced into me.
"No, I get it." A smile as fake as Kim Kardashian's butt appeared on his face.
"You don't need me. I'm sorry for bothering you." He said emotionlessly, and turned and walk away.
"Jake!" I shouted out, tears streaming down my face, but he didn't stop nor look back.
"Jake," I sobbed again, this time my voice broke off in the end.
My throat was burning and even though the waterfall of tears blurred my vision, I saw him disappear round the corner.
At some point my knees buckled under me and I fell to the ground, head hung low. I felt a strange feeling, something inexplicable, like a hollowness. After what seemed like eternity, I managed to pull myself up and wipe the tears from my face. I let my hair loose, shielding my face as I made my way past the now empty parking lot, and it didn't surprise me that Jake was gone.
I took the bus home. After taking a hot shower to clear my mind, I thought about the recent events that had taken place.
Maybe I had been too harsh on Jake. I hadn't meant what is said, it was all the anger talking. Well, I didn't mean about 80% of it. Jake had interpreted me another way, and maybe he had every right to walk away like that.
Although beating up that guy was a mistake, Jake had probably done that out of payback for me, with good intentions at heart. It wasn't exactly unforgivable but he really didn't have to butt in. I sighed back and lay dow on the bed.
I loved him, I really did, but I had meant what I said when I told him that I needed to fight my own fights.
Furthermore, beating someone up was wrong. He had stooped down to that bastard's level, and it was something I didn't like. It was a side of Jake I'd rather not see. Jake was probably right, there was a possibility that I wouldn't sort things out even after the play and everything but this time I had really snapped. Beating someone up was one thing, how could Jake not confront me first?
I picked up my phone and was a touch away from calling him but I hesitated.
Maybe it would be better if we both breathed in some air before sorting things out.
Suddenly, a memory came to my mind.
May leaned forward, looking straight into my eyes.
"Relationships are messed up," she said thoughtfully. "One minute I'm lying in John's arms thinking that there's no one other place I'd rather be. Next minute I'm accusing him of lying to me."
I looked at her quizzically.
"You mean fight? Isn't that normal for every relationship?"
"Yeah, but you have to understand, many times, a single fight could make you realise how fragile this whole thing is, or how you two weren't meant to be together after all. One word and it's over." She said but I scoffed.
"If two people love each other, they'll come back in the end." I said wisely. She raised an eyebrow at me.
"Oh, and since when have you become a love expert? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm the one dating a guy since a year now and you're the one falling for fictional characters that don't even exist." She chuckled and I grinned. Soon we were both laughing till our stomachs hurt even though it wasn't really funny.
I smiled faintly at that memory. It has seemed so long ago. But May had been right. I didn't even know if Jake ever wanted to see me again after this.
But the question was, did I want him to?
__________________________
SO... WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? WAS ANGELA RIGHT? I KNOW THINGS HAVE TAKEN AN UGLY TURN, BUT WE CAN'T EXPECT A COUPLE WITH 0 FIGHTS NOW, CAN WE?
QUESTION : WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE IF YOU WERE IN ANGELA'S PLACE? COMMENT YOUR OPINION, I'D LOVE TO READ IT :)
DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THE VOTE BUTTON, AND GO AHEAD AND FOLLOW ME FOR MORE FUTURE WRITINGS! *self-advertisement at its best*
GOALS FOR NEXT CHAPTER :
1. 300 READS
2. 30 VOTES
3. 10 COMMENTS
BYE-BYE!
~misswhateverr