Confucius Says...

"Ow!"

Jake started chuckling. "You should have seen your face as you were in a state of reverie as Zach left! Priceless! Damn, I should have clicked a picture." Jake still had a smile on his face.

"Yeah, and when Wendy would see it she would totally be NOT clingy." I frowned and emphasized on not.

"So Zach had come for your notes?"

"How do you know?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Because I suggested that to him. Anyways I just came to remind you that my mum has called your family to my house for dinner tonight. And you have to teach me certain stuff related to physics." He ticked each off his fingers.

I cursed the day I had agreed to be his tutor.

Yes, I, Angela, had agreed to become Jake's tutor on the request of his mum. Not that I was complaining. The pay was higher than my pocket money and Auntie's cookies were delicious. Jake was the guy who every girl wanted to be with and every guy wanted to be. His soft light brown hair and chocolate brown eyes made girls fall at his feet. But unlike Zach, his best friend, he was taken. By Wendy.

"see you later." He gave his signature two finger wave and walked off. I trudged back to the cafeteria where I had left my friends only surprised to not find them there. I went back to my locker and then turned away again. This time that snog couple was against my own locker and it would be hopeless to try to push them away. I removed my cell phone from my bag.

Where are you guys?

I texted Ashley.

She replied in a minute.

We are near the photography class. Lucy has finally decided that she is going to enroll in. nyways, class starts in 5 minutes so it would be pointless for you to come all the way here right? So see you after school!:* remember we are coming to ur place? ;)

I had prayed to God that they would forget but alas! I sighed again and walked towards Drama class.

I walked up to my place, which was the second row and popped in my earphones and listened to Ariana Grande since class would not start in another two minutes. I muttered a small hey to my partner. I don't know her name nor does she mine but people say she was an exchange student from Japan. She gave me a small smile and opened up her script. This term we were going to enact The Merchant Of Venice and I was going to be the staff that would help with the costumes and props. Drama was not really my thing. The teacher, Mrs. Thompson arrived and I shut off my music.

"Hello, class! I hope every single one of you read the script properly and have decided what role you want? Now, write the part you want with your names on a piece of paper and give them all here. Quick!" no sooner had she said it that she was attacked by paper planes and crumpled paper balls. She straightened up and giggled a bit. She was nuts. After about 15 minutes she managed to get the paper in a big bowl. Then she removed one of them.

"Portia.... Evangeline? Come up here sweetheart and speak out a few lines." Evangeline, whoever she was, got up and went to the front of the class.

"They are as sick that surfeit

with too much as they that starve with nothing. It

is no mean happiness therefore, to be seated in the

mean: superfluity comes sooner by white hairs, but

competency lives longer."

She was confident but exaggerated those lines waaaay too much. A few of the back benchers laughed. She went back to her place.

"Next... Shylock... Mark!"

And Mark managed to stutter a few lines, which earned him cheers from his friends. This went on till the bell rang and there were still about 10 paper slips left. How Mrs. Thompson would select the characters was something I couldn't understand.

Finally, just one class more and school's over!

Biology passed like a dream since that's my favorite subject and Mr. Woods is a great teacher. If only he were hot and young. Ah well.... One cannot wish for everything in life.

As the final bell rang I went over to my locker, dumped my books in and got a phone call from Tanya.

"Hey, I'm coming over to your place directly with Ashley, May has a date with her boyfriend so she'll come a little late and Lucy has some errands to run. So you need to manage a ride today. Sorry."

"But, where are you?"

"I'm, um, at," there was a pause. "Yeah, I'm at the garage! My stupid car has stopped working again."

"and Ashley?"

"She is at the mall- ouch!" I could hear someone hissing. "she is at the mall buying a present for her mum."

"but her mother's birthday was last month!"

"Do you need a reason to make your parents happy and gift them something once in a while? Seriously, they do so much for us – buy us new clothes, tuition fees-"

"okay, okay I get it. Whatever losers. Have fun doing whatever you guys are doing together."

"but Angela-"

I shut my phone and dropped it in my bag. I was officially a loner. My so-called friends decide to hang out without me and think that I can be fooled. Life sucks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ITS GETTING STEAMY NOW... YOU GUYS LIKE IT?
KEEP COMMENTING AND ENCOURAGING ME!!

~misswhateverr