Busy Busy

I got up as the sunlight streamed in through the half opened curtains.

The alarm hadn’t rung yet. I had gotten up before time.

Wow.

I trudged along like a zombie towards the bathroom and took a quick shower, leaving me all fresh.

After putting on a pair of black jeans and a white crop top, I wore a pair of black 2-inch ankle boots. The crop top didn’t show too much of my stomach and that’s how I liked it. I didn’t carry a jacket as the weather was warm enough and applied a bit of make-up. Taking my bag, I walked downstairs and sat on the island, eating my breakfast.

“Mom, I’ll be coming in a bit late from school now on, as I have stay backs in school.” I told mom, who was applying butter to toast.

“Why?”

“The Merchant Of Venice play is coming up in the next month.”

“So do you have a lead role in it?” Dad asked behind the newspaper he was reading.

“No dad, I’m helping with the background.”

 After finishing my breakfast I walked out and waited for Zach to pick me up.

He came after a few minutes and I got in the car, no longer feeling awkward with him. Then looking at his arms I remembered last night’s hug and immediately it grew awkward for me. We talked a bit during the ride and then I was glad we reached school.

I said goodbye to him and he went towards the field, being the football player he was.

I went to my locker, surprised to see the snog couple missing.

I put my bag in removed my books for the first period, only to find a piece of paper fly out of my notebook. Picking it up, I opened it.

We need to talk. Meet me on the Lawn at 8:00 Am sharp. Ashley.

I quickly glanced at the clock on the wall.

Five minutes to eight.

Quickly shutting my locker, I ran towards the Lawn, bumping into quite a lot of people.

Finally I reached there and the bell rang, making students leave. It was the beginning of first period. Thankfully I had drama and now drama class was free for me, since the teacher would use the period for play practices.

I saw Ashley and went up to her, finding her looking sad.

Her blonde hair was a mess and her grey eyes had lost their usual shine. She had dark shadows under them.

“I’m so sorry, Angela. I didn’t mean anything I said to you two days ago.” A tear slipped down her cheek.

“Hey, it’s alright. I know you wouldn’t mean it all.” I tried to look convincing, hiding the fact that her words had really come to me like daggers.

“Is something going on at home?” I put a hand on her shoulder, hoping to comfort her.

She burst out crying, tears coming down like waterfalls and her entire body was shaking.

“I’m…” she began.

“I’m… I’m…” she stuttered.

“I’m… Moving.” She finished and my hand dropped down from her shoulder in shock.

“What?” I didn’t hear her right.

“My parents and I… Are moving to Germany.”

She burst out crying again.