High School Drama

I stared in shock at the ruins lying in front of me. Everything was wet or torn or slashed up or crumbled. Even the stones that were made of POP were broken.

“Who did this?” I whispered.

“I don’t know. I entered this room ten minutes ago and found it in this state.” Ryan said quietly.

“What are we going to do now?” Andrew wailed and ran about, desperately trying to look for at least one prop that wasn’t damaged.

I stopped Andrew and looked at him seriously.

 “We’ll have to start over.” I said to myself.

Ryan got up and let out a yell of frustration.

“Urgh! All our hard work gone down the drain! That son of a bitch who did this! I’m not going to let that person go. We have to speak to the teacher now.” Ryan walked out of the room and we followed, anger now filling my veins.

“Mrs. Thompson!” Ryan shouted as we entered Drama class, where everyone was reciting their lines and they stopped as they saw us.

“Oh, dear! Who was that? Ryan! What made you barge in here?” Mrs. Thompson hurried over to us, a worried look on her face.

“Mrs. Thompson, all the background props have been destroyed.” Andrew said.

Her eyes grew round and her mouth turned into an ‘o’.

“What? I don’t understand. How could this happen? The play is two weeks away!” Nancy, the girl playing Portia, who had overheard us, came over and said, tapping her feet.

Mrs. Thompson, meanwhile, kept opening and closing her mouth like a fish.

“I don’t understand too. I mean, they were fine yesterday. I checked them one last time before leaving school. I don’t know what we’re going to do now.” Andrew said hurriedly to which Mrs. Thompson staggered and Ryan held her arm to steady her.

“I know what we are going to do. We’ll have to start from scratch.” Ryan said gravely and I nodded.

Ryan left shortly after, followed by Andrew, and I was about to follow suit when I heard someone snigger behind me. Turning, I saw Sandy, Wendy’s crony, looking at me like an angel. The only way I came to know that she was Wendy’s minion was because of their trademark bleach blonde hair, makeup caked face and expensive luxury handbags, clothes and shoes.

I turned back and walked out, trying to put two-and-two together.

Get ready to get your ass whipped. Wendy had sent this to me last night.

Today in the morning I had seen her pass me, laughing at me with her friends. Where was she coming from? She was coming from the direction I was going to- Drama.

Was she-she the one who did it?

I gasped and ran to the room where our props lay.

“Wait!” I told Ryan and Andrew, who were about to pick up the damaged stuff and throw it away.

They looked at me questioningly.

“I’ll be back in some time, meanwhile, look for anything that has possibly not been damaged or least damaged. We have way less time on our hands.” I said quickly.

“Where are you-“ I heard Andrew behind me but ignored it, I now had to sort things out once and for all.

I ran towards the school field, where Wendy would probably have cheerleading practice.

I looked around at the greens till I found her in the midst of some dance routine, and running over, I grabbed her arm and dragged her away from the crowd.