Sleepover Sighs

Tick.

The minute hand pointed twelve as the clock stuck eleven. Jake was sitting next to me, furiously scribbling answers to some questions related to physics.

After our hot, ahem, make out, we decided to do what we were supposed to do, and sat for an hour, me explaining concepts and stuff to him and he listened intently, totally focused. Turns out, he was good at physics one we went through the basics, and it felt great to know that he could actually do stuff once he set his mind to it.

I looked at him, his eyebrows scrunched up, mouth tightly set with his tongue peeking out from the corner just a bit. A lock of his blonde hair fell on his face and he hastily pushed it aside. His brown eyes flashed and I could see his prominent high-set cheekbones under the light, cheekbones any male model would die for.

“Earth to Angela! Are you listening?” I saw a brief wave of fingers in front of me and I focused my eyes to the person they belonged to.

Jake was looking at me, puzzled.

“I’m sorry, I spaced out. You said something?” I flashed a tiny smile.

He sighed.

“You and your daydreams. What were you dreaming of anyway? Me? My hot body?” he wiggled his eyebrows and smirked as I found my cheeks heat up. Was he like a mind reader or something? To give him the benefit of doubt I tried to huff.

“You’re right, I was dreaming of a hot body. Only it wasn’t yours, too bad.” It was my time to smirk as the grin wiped off his face.

“Really? Then who?” he asked, sighing some more.

“Cameron Dallas.” I said dreamily, balancing my chin on my palm and looking up at the ceiling.

“Whatever.” He looked away and pushed his book towards me.

“I’m done. Can you check the answers, please?” he said quietly.

I had to suppress a giggle as I realized he had fallen for my act and checked his work, happy that all of his answers were right.

“I’m proud to say that you’re now ready for any kind of physics test thrown at you.” I grinned and gave him a tiny peck on the cheek as he grinned back.

“So now can we stop studying?” he gave me his puppy dog eyes and I nodded, only to find him whisking away all the books and paper and pens off the desk.

He rubbed his hands together.

“All done. So what do you want to do now?” he sat on his bed.

“I don’t know. I’m not really sleepy yet.”

“Me too. Wait, let’s watch a movie.”

“Great idea! I’ll make us some popcorn and you choose a good movie.” I said.

“What genre? I’m game for anything.”

“Hmm, let’s see. Any rom-com or sci-fi, I guess.” I shrugged and he nodded, walking out of the room.

I made my way to the kitchen and found it all messed up. Bits off cheese and bread and what-not lay here and there. Guess Jake hadn’t really cleaned up after the cooking experiment.

“Uh, Jake?” I called out and he appeared at the doorway.

“Yeah? Oh, right. I totally forgot to clean this mess up.” He eyed the kitchen and then spoke again.

“You choose the movie. I’ll clean up.” He said but I shook my head.

“I’ll help too.” I said.