Metamorphosis

IMPORTANT (A/N) AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER. PLEASE GIVE IT A READ. ^-^ 

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Girls, Mission Impossible commences,” said Tanya.

Tanya had been my best friend ever since she came from India, which was five years ago. She had skin the color of caramel and had long, silky, black hair that went till the middle of her back. Her figure was envious and she definitely knew how to flaunt it. And the best part was she still had that faint Indian accent which was the cutest thing ever.

Soon I felt tugs, and pushes and pulls, and sharp pains all over my body.

Ill tell you one thing, nothing hurts more than being stripped of body hair with hot wax.

May was plucking at my eyebrows. May was a redhead and like all redheads she carried the redhead curse, that is, pale, flawless skin that turned red easily, freckles around the nose and a shy attitude. She was a bit insecure about her body. I say those curves she had were what helped her get a boyfriend before any of us. I constantly complained and cursed my mom for getting all these wretched beauty things.

Meanwhile, Ashley tried showing off her expert hair cutting skills by chopping off large chunks of my hair.

“My lovely hair!” I wailed.

“Shut up, its gonna be lovelier. After all, Ashley the Great is cutting it.” She said with a proud smirk on her face. Ashley was those kind of girls who were proud and confident and natural leaders. She was really pretty with her big grey eyes and dishwasher blonde hair. She was a bit short but that didn’t stop her from intimidating us when she wanted to.

Lucy was busy picking an outfit for me from my closet that was now upgraded with better clothes.

“You have some good stuff here but you have no fashion sense, Angela. You are lucky you have a mother who has better taste in clothes and shoes. Hm, what should I choose?” she murmured to herself. Lucy was a natural brunette who had dip dyed her hair electric blue and was very bold in clothing. She gave you the impression of a punk, studs and metal in clothes, combat boots and thickly made up eyes. She was a born-photographer and worked part time at her uncle’s place, who was a professional wildlife photographer. Warning – never, I mean NEVER bring up the topic of cameras in front of her. May God have mercy on you then.

Whereas I, Angela Hastings, am a dull boring nerd with blue eyes covered by my glasses and dark hair falling below my shoulders. I have no figure I can flaunt and am stick thin, no curves at all. My outfits consist of large beanies or loose t-shirts over tights or jeans and my favorite old Chuck Taylors.

~AFTER THREE HOURS~

I didn’t recognize the girl standing in front of me in the mirror. This girl had big blue eyes that reminded you of the ocean, had soft waves of chocolate coloured hair dancing around her shoulders, her slender neck and shoulder blades flaunted by a boat neck, baby blue sundress that ended above the knees and three inch black heels that went with the black belt around my waist. All in all, this girl was definitely not Angela.

“Told you she would look pretty.”

“Yeah, just wait till Zach is knocked off his feet.”

And much more was what I could hear from the girls.

“I look different. Its all the makeup isn’t it?” I asked them.

“You would be surprised to know that there is barely any makeup on your face. All these are your natural features that were covered all along. You can now be called Troy’s sister.” May said, while cleaning up the mess in the closet.