Last

This is it, guys. The last chapter, I hope you enjoy it. X
--------------------------------------------------
I arrived at school on Monday, two days after the eventful night of the play.
Actually, to say it was eventful was an understatement, Wendy had been crowned winner, Reagan, a part of Wendy's clique had been declared the culprit, Lucy had finally and openly reunited with us, Jake, Ryan, Zach had proved to me that they could be the best of friends I could ever ask for.
Speaking of best friends, I saw Tanya and May approaching me as I stood against my locker, fiddling with the lock to open it.
"Well hello there!" Tanya grinned. I smiled at the both of them.
"So you're finally back to attending classes aren't you?" Wendy asked and I nodded.
"My days of escaping that torture are gone." I said, feigning sadness, and wiping an imaginary tear off my cheek for dramatic effect.
"Oh come on, Angela, who are you fooling? You LOVE studying." May chuckled and I sighed.
"I don't okay?" I grimaced. "It's just that the finals are only a month away." I said.
Tanya rolled her eyes and was about to say something when someone tapped me on the shoulder from behind. Judging from my friends' reactions, I expected it to be Wendy.
Right I was, I mentally gave my self a high-five as I faced Wendy.
"Hi." I said. "Congratulations on being next year's Student Body President." I smiled. Despite everything, deep down, I felt bad for her. I could see the gloom look on her face, well concealed by tons of makeup, but apparent nevertheless. She had always been a bitch to me, no doubt, and I couldn't blame her, to her it must have seemed as if I was her boyfriend stealer. Still, I also knew that being betrayed by a close friend hurt. Her 'friend' Reagan had almost gotten her suspended. So I knew what I had to say to her now.
"I'm sorry," I said, and her eyes widened, along with some audible gasps from Tanya and May.
"I'm sorry I blamed you for the disaster." I apologised, then dug my hand into my bag to fish out her ring.
"Here," I handed it to her. "I believe it's yours."
She took it and slipped it onto her finger, looking down at her shoes, with her straight blonde hair shadowing her face.
"Thanks," she mumbled and before I could say "you're welcome" she looked up and spoke again.
"I'm sorry too."
This time I was the one who let out a gasp.
She continued.
"I haven't been really nice to you this past year. You know that. I'm sorry for being the stereotypical blonde bitch nobody likes. If it hadn't been for you guys, I would have been kicked out of school, and-" her voice broke slightly but she continued. "My dad would have been so ashamed of me."
She took a deep breath.
"I'm sorry about Reagan, that girl is a fucking bitch." I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle and she smiled too.
"Anyways," she cleared her throat and stood up straight, "Since I have a reputation to uphold I can't be seen crying. I hope you accept my apology. Talk to you later Angela." She smiled. She smiled at the others too, then walked away.
I turned around and glanced and the girls. We were all thinking the same thing. That girl who I hated earlier had just showed her vulnerable side to someone she hated equally. Her confidence was admirable. I was glad we were able to mend things between us.
"Woo," May whistled, "that was something." Tanya nodded. Just then I saw Jake and Zach approach us.
Zach ran and gave a back-hug to Tanya, and I inwardly gushed. These two were adorable. Jake came by my side and slung an arm over my shoulder, kissing my cheek gently.
"Hi," he whispered into my ear and I felt the smile on me widen even further. I felt that Rush everytime he was with me, and it hadn't diminished at all.
"Was that Wendy we just saw?" Zach asked us and we nodded.
"What did she want?" Jake asked me.
"Nothing, I think we just became friends." I said and Zach chuckled.
"Girls," he rolled his eyes, "enemies one minute, friends another." He received a playful punch from Tanya and we all laughed.
We heard the bell ring, indicating time for class, so we all said our goodbyes and parted ways, but before that, I clutched Zach's arm. He looked at me questioningly.
"I didn't get an opportunity to say this before, but thanks for everything." I smiled.
"Anytime." He grinned.
"How can I make it up to you?" I asked him.
"How about some food? Treat me to lunch today, I'm craving some Chinese food." I rolled my eyes then laughed, holding up a thumbs-up.
He finally jogged to his respective class, and Jake and I walked side by side to ours.
"So how come Zach gets love and I don't?" He bumped his shoulder to mine.
"He gets food." I corrected him.
"You, you get my love." I smiled.
"That's not enough." He pouted. "Treat me to food too!" He said and I laughed. Boys and their appetites. Well I was one to talk.
"Even better," I said. "I'm taking you out on a date today. And don't you dare say no."
He stopped mid-track.
"Angela you're taking me out?" He held up a finger against his chest, pointing to himself.
"Can't I?" I raised an eyebrow.
"I'm loving you so much right now." He walked up to me and laced his fingers with mine, leading me to class.
I smiled for the millionth time today.
For the date, I was planning to take him to this new restaurant open in town, a dainty little place that felt warm and cozy. And I was also thinking of buying him a stash of video games, with the help of Troy of course, as a small gesture of gratitude.
We entered class and took our seats. It was English Lit. and I sat next to my partner, someone I had barely spoken to before.
"Hi." I greeted Samia, my partner.
She smiled back. I'd never noticed it before, but this girl was really pretty. Her beautiful strawberry blonde hair was done in a French braid, and her bright green eyes twinkled as she gazed out of the window.
"Nice tshirt." I whispered into her ear, complimenting her black tshirt with 'Teen Wolf' sprawled on it.
"Thanks, yours is lovely too, I love Fall Out Boy!" She gushed and I grinned. I had worn a fan tshirt of the famous band along with some ripped jeans and my favourite, that's right, you guessed it, Chuck Taylor's.
I could already feel myself chumming up to this girl.
"Okay class, attention!" Our teacher entered class and clapped her hands. Behind her, came in two students holding up a stack of books. They handed one out to each one of us and I noticed it wasn't a book, but a diary.
I gave a questioning glance to Samia and she shrugged her shoulders. We were all clueless.
"Now that each one of you has got a diary, I will speak." The teacher said.
"As you know, your finals are exactly a month away. For your final grade, your assignment is this." She held up one of the diaries.
"All of you are supposed to write one entry each day, so that makes thirty entries, not more than two hundred words long each, till the day of your exam. The entries have to circle around your life, and guys, I'm really not interested in your personal details. This assignment grades your creative writing, your ability to reflect on day-to-day situations and your diligence. Failure to do so will result in you failing this year in Lit." She earned collective groans from the class.
I took the diary in my hands. This should be interesting.
The rest of the day was a blur, and my date with Jake was wonderful, sure he cracked a few jokes but they were endearing, and the look on his face really made my day when I took him to a gaming store.
When I finally reached home, I dashed upstairs, unable to contain my excitement. I grabbed a pen, my diary and flopped on the bed, opening the diary.
And I began writing.

Hello. My name is Angela Hastings. I am seventeen years old. I am a high schooler. I have an older brother who's an absolute ass but I love him nevertheless. My family is wonderful, ever so supportive, sometimes a bit too much when it comes to making babies with Jake. Jake? He's the most wonderful guy ever. Cute, yes. Smart, yes. Stupid at the same time, and infuriating at times, but I love him to bits, and he's the reason I believe in romantic love. I have a few close friends who know me better than myself, and I love them so much. One of them, Ashley, my closest friend, moved away to Germany recently and I don't know when I'll see her again, and her leaving has made me realise nothing is permanent. Another of my close friend is Lucy, who I thought had betrayed me initially, but turned out to have my back all along. Oh, and of course, Tanya, May, Zach are absolutely wonderful. My newest friends Ryan and Jake are adorable, they really made time fly. I love every single one of them.
I love life.

___________________________
Thank you all, this is it.
-misswhateverr