Thursday Trouble

After Jake dropped me back home, I found Troy on the couch watching TV.

“What were you telling Jake?” I asked him.

“Nothing. Wait, does that mean he hasn’t done it yet?” his eyes brightened up.

“Done what?” why couldn’t people give straight answers?

“Sex” his eyes glinted mischievously.

“Ugh! I’m outta here!” I went back upstairs. Boys. So weird.

~Next Day~

I ran my hands through my hair and frowned at my reflection on the mirror. My brown hair looked greasy and frizzy at the same time. It was so tangled that it was hopeless trying to comb it out. I stared at my unicorn pj’s and then at the clock on my nightstand. Surprisingly, I was up early and had an hour to get ready. But the problem was that I was having a bad hair day. Not knowing what to do, I trudged to the bathroom and took a shower, washing my hair properly. With water dripping from my body, I went into the closet and picked out my outfit. I ran my eyes over the new clothes section and then at the dark corner of the closet where all my old clothes were thrown. I picked up an old Imagine Dragons t-shirt and a pair of denim shorts. Then wearing my old Chuck Taylors and carrying a black jacket in case it got cold, I went out to my dressing table.

I lifted a lock of my still damp hair. What to do?

“Ah!” I remembered that once May had told me that straightening damp hair kept it straight all day. That way I wouldn’t have to worry about my hair being untamable. I picked up my hair straightener and finished straightening my hair in ten minutes. Applying a layer of lip-gloss and a bit of mascara, I was good to go.

“Hey mum.” I gave her a kiss on the cheek and picked up a glass of orange juice and sat down on the kitchen island next to dad who was reading a newspaper.

“Good Morning. You’re up early today.” My mum said, with a hint of surprise.

“Yeah, I decided that it was rude to keep Ashley waiting everyday.” My eyes widened in horror. “Shit.” I muttered and ran out, stuffing a croissant in my mouth with my mom yelling something about breakfast behind me.

How could I be so stupid? Obviously she wouldn’t pick me up today! Now I would be late for school despite waking up so early. I should have woken up earlier. I half jogged and half ran to my bus stop. Then suddenly I saw a car slow down near me.

“Zach?” I was shocked to see him here.

“Oh hey. Get in.” he gave me a smile and opened the passenger door. I got in with a little hesitation and he sped the car up.

“Why were you running?” he asked me.

“What were you doing here?”

“I asked you first.”

“Okay, I was running to reach the bus stop on time so that I wouldn’t be late for school. What about you?”

“Didn’t you know? I shifted to your neighborhood two days ago.”

“Oh.”

“Now you don’t have to worry about being late for school everyday as we can go together.”

“Thanks but normally I have a ride.”

“So what happened today?”

“Just.. Stuff”

“Okay.”

The rest of the ride was silent but uncomfortable as I kept finding Zach sneaking glances at me through the rearview mirror. Later I muttered thanks to him as we reached school and rushed out of the car before he could say anything. How was it that the most popular guy of the school shifted into my neighborhood and I didn’t know about it?

God, I was really socially backward.

As I walked towards my locker I found a few people staring at me and whispering to one another. Earlier Zach too was glancing at me. Was there something on my face? I got into the nearest washroom and nearly bumped into Wendy.

“Sorry” I avoided her eyes and tried to walk towards the mirror when she caught me by the arm and whirled me around to face her. Her long nails dug into my arm and I tried hard to not scream in pain.

“Listen here, slut. A few guys may fancy you but stay away from Jake. He’s mine. If I find you near him I’ll have to find a way to embarrass you in front of everyone. And I don’t know why he wants you to come to my party but if you talk to him or even have eye contact with him I’ll make your life living hell.” She glared at me and let go of my arm, walking way with her minions following her.

I winced as I saw the red marks of her nails on my arm. Ouch.

But what was going on?

I went out and grabbed my books from my locker, avoiding people’s stares, including the snog couple that had stopped kissing and was looking at me.

As I walked along the corridor I saw Lucy’s blue dip dyed hair and went over to her.

“Hey Lucy.”

“Hey. Um can we talk?”

“Sure.”

“I mean all of us. You, Tanya, May and me. Ashley didn’t come to school today. I don’t know what’s wrong with her these days.”

Then she grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the Lawn. Yes, our school had a huge open area meant for students to hang out. It was really cool. As I made out the red head and the black head huddled together in the crowd I grew confused. What could be so important? Then I accidently stepped on a piece of paper. It got a bit crushed as I moved my foot and my eyes widened in surprise.

 I picked it up and stared at the photo of Jake and I at Starbucks, talking.

The photographer had made it look like we were on a date.

 Who did this?

Now I understood what Wendy had told me earlier.

But things weren’t like that.

Jake and I weren’t together.

Who could do this to us?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

every DAY AT SCHOOL GETS MORE AND MORE INTERESTING. JUST ONE MORE DAY AND THEN WENDY'S PARTY. 

BUT BY NOW YOU SHOULD HAVE GUESSED THAT NOTHING EVER HAPPENS NORMALLY IN ANGELA'S LIFE. 

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO : SAFE AND SOUND by CAPITAL CITIES (SHOULD I DO THIS IN EVERY A/N? COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK) 

PLEASE GET MY STORY 400 READS BY THE NEXT UPDATE! 

*PUPPY DOG EYES* 

~misswhateverr