Sundays..

Ahh, Sunday, finally you’re here!

Oh how I’ve been waiting for you!

My favorite day of the week after Saturday!

It’s my day!

I will not do anything today but sit on my bed and sleep out!

Not possible, I muttered as Snow bounded on my bed, licking all over my face.

Did I mention that everyone in my house, including my dog, was an early riser?

Hmmph.

“Gerroff Snow!” I pulled the covers over my head and he barked, waking me up.

Grumbling, I rose, and even though I was mad at Snow, I couldn’t stay that way for long, since the moment I looked at his eyes, all my anger and grief would melt away.

Despite being sleepy, I put my arms around him, and he resumed licking my face, making it all sweaty.

Reluctantly, I went over to the bathroom and stripped off my pajamas, getting into the shower.

The moment I turned the faucet, I heard the door click open and screamed, trying my best to cover myself with the shower curtains.

“Mooom!!” I yelled at my mom, who stood near the door, smiling sheepishly.

“Do I have no privacy here? You have got to get that lock repaired.” I shouted.

Her face turned serious.

“What do you think you’re doing young lady? Do not use that tone on me.”

I rolled my eyes and said sarcastically, “Alright mom, what is it that you wanted to tell me so urgently that you came barging into my bathroom?”

She pushed up her glasses. “Ah yes, Grandpa’s sister Margaret, you remember her right? Well, her son’s daughter is getting a baby, so they have called our entire family to visit them.”

“Even Troy?” I said, my hoped rising. I shouldn’t and wouldn’t bear this torture alone.

“Don’t be silly, Troy’s away at Princeton. Now get ready quickly and we’ll be leaving in an hour.”

I could imagine Troy smirking at me and grunted.

“Can I stay home? Please?” I added the magic word.

“We’ll talk later.” With that she left, leaving me alone finally.

I didn’t want to go to that sister’s house. I remembered her and shuddered. Aunt Margaret was fine, she was ancient and probably didn’t remember me. But it was her son’s daughter’s fist child who was a nuisance.

I remember last year when we had gone to their house for some reason unknown, I had returned home with wet clothes (he pushed me into the pool), pink hair (he added something in the shampoo while I had a shower and a horrible cold.

That kid was Devil’s Spawn.

And the worst thing was, I didn’t even know his name.

I finished getting ready by wearing a plain red T-shirt and a pair of jeans with my Chuck Taylors.

If that kid was up to something, at least I wouldn’t worry about my clothes getting ruined.

I went down.

“Mom, I can’t go. You remember what happened last time right? That hair dye had taken three days to come out.” I complained while she calmly sipped her coffee.