The Notebook

Wendy walked off, leaving me in a daze. What did she mean by that?

“If I were you, I’d think twice before presenting that ring to the principal.”

I decided to leave that matter aside and approach Tanya. I whipped out my phone and called. She picked up after two rings.

“Hello?” she spoke into the phone.

“Where are you?”

“On my way home. Why? Do you want me to give you a ride? I’m just round the corner-“ she began but I cut her off.

“Tanya, you are meeting me at my house in an hour. I want no excuses.” I said sternly.

“Fine.” She sighed.

“Bye.” I said and was about to hang up when she spoke again.

“Wait! Angela, you cannot think of me as the bad guy before you hear my side of the story. Promise?”

“Promise.” I said quietly and hung up.

I had full confidence that Tanya wouldn’t have done something like that without reason but I trusted Zach enough to know that he was telling the truth.

I heard a horn beep and almost jumped.

It was Jake in his car, music blaring.

“Hey, you coming in or what?” he shouted and I got in.

“Hi,” I gave him a tiny smile. He smiled back but looked at me closely.

“What’s with that face?” his hand gently ran over my cheek.

“What face?” I pouted and grinned.

His hand moved away from my face.

“Oh no, you don’t do that fake smile thing with me. Doesn’t work.” He smirked.

“I’m not fake-smiling!”

He simply chuckled in reply. A swerve of the car took us on a road that didn’t lead us home.

“Jake, where are we going?” I asked in confusion.

He didn’t reply, but continued driving. I gave up talking to him in exasperation and sat back, and closed my eyes, letting the pop music soothe me.

About five minutes later, the car slowed to a stop. Taking that as a cue, I opened my eyes and saw that Jake had parked the car beside an empty road, with a cool breeze blowing.

I found him turning in his seat and looking at me straight in the eye.

“Spill.” He said before I could drown into the chocolaty depths of his eyes.

“What do you mean?” I tilted my head a little.

He sighed.

“Look, I’ve been noticing that you have been kind of put off lately, and I know that it’s much more than the Tanya-Zach issue. Tell me what’s wrong.” He said, concern clearly written on his face.

“It’s nothing really. Just studies and stuff.” I said dismissively.

He shifted again and this time got out of the car, came over to my side, opened the door and held out a hand.

I looked at his questioningly.

“Come with me.” He gave a smile and I took his hand. He walked us to the middle of the road.

Then he did the most unexpected thing.

He sat down and lied flat on the road. Surprise overcame me, along with some unexpected anticipation.

“Come on, what are you waiting for?” he grinned, looking up at me.

What was I waiting for?

I joined him, flat on my back, shoulders slightly touching. I couldn’t help myself.

“What happens if a car comes?” I looked at him sideways.

A pause.

“We die.” He said, and I suppressed a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A FILLER REALLY, BUT I PROMISE I'M GOING TO UPDATE AN AMAZING CHAPTER AFTER THIS. 

I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS PART, I DID A LOT. 

I MEAN, WHO DOESN'T LOVE The Notebook? *FANGIRLS WITH RYAN GOSLING IN HEAD* 

SO ANYWAYS, I'M SO GRATEFUL TO YOU GUYS FOR SUPPORTING THIS BOOK, IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME, I LOVE  EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU <3

~misswhateverr