Play-1

Dedicated to a special someone, you know who you are- don't say I told you so ;)
____________________________

"Oh my God Grace, your hairdo is totally wrong! Jackson, you're stuttering your lines! Mike, don't walk around like that, you'll break something!" Our drama teacher was in a frenzy, tapping away her heels with anxiety and fussing over small details. I couldn't help but break out into a smile amidst the chaos.
Andrew, Ryan and I were arranging the backdrop for the opening scene, and occasionally handing out props to the actors. Everybody was running about, trying to get work done, and since we had only fifteen minutes to start, I wasn't exaggerating when I said it was like a jungle out here. A poor actor had broken down into tears a while ago and we all took turns comforting her, helping with her stage fright, but I could still see her huddled in a corner, head down, slightly shivering. I sighed.
Everyone taking part in the play had been there for hours, and yet it seemed like nothing was in place. The seats were filling in fast and once I spotted my parents in the crowd, chatting along with Jake's.
Everyone was on the edge, most of the actors were nervous in some way or another, and one minor actor had skipped altogether. Luckily our teacher had a replacement.
"Okay people, show starts in two minutes! In your places! You, guy in the green tshirt, off the stage!" Our drama teacher called out and we all scurried off the stage into the backstage. I peeked out into the audience, all the seats were full and people were talking in hushed tones.
The lights dimmed, signalling the start of our show.
This is it, I thought. Showtime.
As the play began and actors stepped onto the stage, I thought about that eventful year. Despite everything, Ryan, Andrew and I had managed to rebuild all the props in time. Earlier, Jake and I had become friends again, and I had first hand experienced falling in love. I came to know some things about myself that I never knew before. I dealt with betrayal, shock, and the sorrow of losing a loved one, when Ashley moved out. I had experienced so many things, and for some odd reason, I had never felt better.
I felt alive.
I took a deep breath and grabbed Andrew's hand as we were motioned onto stage when the play was over. All the actors and helpers stood side by side, taking a huge bow as we were met by a round of applause along with a standing ovation. A few people cheered and hooted and that made me grin. I felt happiness like never before.
On glancing at my drama teacher, I saw her face was lit up with joy and pride, as were the faces of everyone standing on stage.
Soon, we were ushered back into the backstage by a group of students when the curtains fell, indicating that it was time for the Student Body President election results. They removed all the play props from the stage and all the candidates quickly stool in line side by side. I counted ten, and I noted Wendy standing there, looking beautiful and confident in a pale blue dress. The others didn't look so confident, and I noticed Miyuki, the Japanese exchange student stand there, making her a candidate. She looked nervous and flashed me a quick smile as I waved and mouthed 'Good Luck' to her.
The curtains rose again, and the principal walked on stage, holding a microphone.
"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I hope you enjoyed the fantastic play put up by our teachers and students, how about we give them a round of applause?" He said into the microphone and we were awarded with another round.
"Well, it is now time for the awaited Student Body Elections results. Might I say," he held up a hand to the candidates. "You all have done an excellent job in campaigning and in my eyes you all are already winners." He smiled and clapped for them, joined by the enthusiastic audience.
"But alas, there can be only one winner. The runner up will be Student Body Secretary as announced earlier." He held up a stack of cards in hand, clearing his throat, getting ready for the moment.
"And the runner up, with 359 votes, is Ashton Matthews!" He shouted out loud and the we all cheered for Ashton, a guy in a dress shirt and pants, looking nervous as he stepped forward and accepted the sash around him. He smiled at the audience and shook hands with the principal. I knew this guy, he was one of the popular people but not like Wendy. He was popular because of all the competitions he won, inter-school and interstate. 
When the applause subsided, the principal elf up a hand.
"And now, for the president, with a whopping 541 votes," he paused for dramatic effect and the crowd was buzzing with excitement.
"Is," he looked around and finally shouted, "Wendy Van Pelt!"
The noise the crowd made was deafening. I couldn't believe my ears. After everything, she'd won? I looked at her in disbelief as she marched up the stage and graciously let the principal tie the sash around her, congratulating her. She winked at the audience and shouted out words of thanks.
To say I was shocked was an understatement. However, what happened next was taking shock to the next level.
To my, and the crowds surprise, the one and only Jake stepped on stage.
I could feel my eyes bulge out of my sockets. And I was not the only one who could barely conceal my shock. The principal stared at him in astonishment as Jake carefully took the microphone from him, holding it to his mouth.
The students standing on the stage including Wendy glanced around at each other in confusion.
"Good evening, and congratulations to Wendy and Ashton." He smiled at them, before continuing.
"My name is Jake Summers and I would like to reveal the person who disrespected the school and its members. This person, ladies and gentlemen, for personal reasons, deliberately sabotaged the school property which was the school play props, made with a lot of effort by some of the students." He paused. Gasps were heard from the audience. Principal Duvall tried to grab the mike from him but Jake ducked away.
"Sorry Principal Duvall, but I'm pretty sure everyone wants to know where this is going." He looked at the crowd hopefully and was welcomed with mumbling, he had clearly gotten their attention.
I looked around in confusion and saw Ryan stand next to me.
"What's going on?" I whispered. He shrugged, and suspiciously he didn't seem as surprised as the others.
Jake continued.
"The culprit had left behind evidence in the form of a ring at the crime scene," he said and at that moment all the colour drained from Wendy's face.
"It belonged to Wendy Van Pelt, and we had reason to believe that she was behind this." He had dropped the bomb and the audience including Wendy and the principal stood in shock. Wendy tried to stop Jake but he held up a hand.
"But when some of my friends and investigated into it, we found out that she wasn't the one who did it."
Every sentence Jake said was like a bomb after a bomb.
Wendy left out a visible sigh. Meanwhile the principal was tapping his feet impatiently.
"And as to who it really is, may I welcome on stage, Lucy Matthews!" He held out an arm to Lucy, who walked on to stage timidly.
If it were possible for me to be more shocked than I already was, I would be very very shocked right now.
What was next? A unicorn dancing on stage?
Lucy stood next to Jake, fidgeting wth the ends of her frayed denim skirt.
"Lucy very helpfully provided me with the evidence we needed to catch the person." He said.
Just then the projector screen behind them came to life. My eyes darted to the projector which was at the back of the hall, and I could make out the silhouette of someone familiar.
Was that.... Zach?
They were all in this?!
On screen appeared a hazy person. Actually there were two. The video was a little blurry, and it seemed as if the video was shot with poor lighting and not planned, something unlike Lucy. Yep, it was Lucy's work alright, the sole reason why she was standing alongside Jake on stage was this. She had probably taken this video secretly without the people knowing.
"Oh my god I just bought this lipstick from Lancôme which compliments my skin tone like no other!" One of them gushed. She had wavy black hair and her face was makeup caked.
"Nice! Did you go shopping with Wendy?" The other girl asked. Her chestnut bob cut hair complimented her heart shaped face which was also makeup caked.
Judging from their looks, talks and body language, they seemed to be part of Wendy's crew.
If the situation hadn't been so out-of-the-ordinary I would have rolled my eyes.
"Oh puh-lease! Wendy? That bitch? All she does is talk about how much money she has or how awesome she is!" The first girl scoffed.
"Wow, didn't know you felt that way about her, so, um, do you think she'll win the elections?" The other girl nervously glanced towards the lens, like she knew it was there. Was she in on this too? Every moment brought something new to me.
"Oh no, not after what's happened. Damaging the props? Cheap move." She said, twirling a lock of hair.
"So you think she did it?" The other girl-Chestnut- pressed on.
"Think? I know," the girl Lancôme, rolled her eyes, "she did it. Her ring was found in there!"
My eyes widened. Nobody except my friends and the principal knew about this. Oh, and Wendy included.
Chestnut looked at the camera lens again.
"Wait, what ring?"
Lancôme realised she had made a mistake and tried to cover it up by giggling.
"Did I say ring?" Giggle. "I think I meant her hair!" She tried to cover it up poorly but the spell had been cast, everyone knew something was fishy.
"Wait a minute, you wouldn't know about the ring... Unless... You put it there. You damaged the props didn't you?" Chestnut accused her.
Lancôme visibly paled and ran her fingers through her hair.
"No!" She scoffed but despite the poor quality of the video she looked nervous.
"Oh my God Reagan! You did it"- Chestnut cried out but Lancôme, I mean Reagan quickly covered her mouth.
"Shhh Molly! People must not know." Reagan's eyes narrowed and she carefully removed her hand from Molly's mouth.
I didn't realise when my mouth had opened in surprise. I glanced around. Everybody seemed to be in as much shock as I was.
Jake was standing tall on stage, while Lucy didn't look as timid. Wendy just stared at the screen angrily.
"Why would you do that? You know how much trouble you would get in if people found out?" Molly whispered.
"I hate Wendy, you know why, and she doesn't deserve to win the elections. What better way did I have? It's not like Wendy liked that Angela chick anyway. Everyone would be happy and Wendy would finally get a taste of her own medicine."
Just then the video stopped. Lucy had been successful in bringing the desired effect on people.
There were shouts heard from the crowd including people around me demanding to get Reagan.
"So now we know that the true culprit was Reagan. She framed Wendy. But thanks to Lucy here we have proof that she did it. She needs to be punished, doesn't she?" Jake spoke on the microphone and was replied with angry "Yeah!"s from the crowd.
Wendy stood confused, but nevertheless she gracefully dispersed from the stage along with everyone when the principal finally managed to grab the mike from Jake and shoo him and Lucy offstage.
This night had been quite eventful!

_____________________________
I WOULD HAVE POSTED THE FULL CHAPTER GUYS BUT IT WAS TOO LONG, SO I DECIDED TO DIVIDE IT INTO TWO PARTS. ANYHOW, I THINK THIS IS ENOUGH SURPRISES FOR ONE DAY. COMMENT BELOW YOUR VIEWS.
BYE!
~misswhateverr