Smile

“Do you think this t-shirt suits me?” Tanya, asked me pointing at the top she was wearing.

It was a black t-shirt with long sleeves and the material was glittery. It would have looked drab on someone else, but it flattered Tanya’s figure and complimented her caramel skin.

“It looks perfect! You should wear these shoes. Here,” I said and handed her a pair of ballet flats.

“Um, Angie? Let me fix your hair, it looks like a nest.” Tanya grimaced and picked up a comb and hair dryer from the dressing table.

We were at Tanya’s house, getting ready for our double-date.

Zach and Jake wanted to surprise us and had said that they would pick us up from her house and take us to the mysterious date-spot.

“So where do you think they will take us?” Tanya said.

“Um, probably the movies or something.”

“Hm,” she mumbled from behind my bird’s nest while I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

I was wearing my SWAG sweatshirt, the one with silver studs on the shoulder, the one I had bought on my trip to the mall with Jake. It had been the most fun trip to the mall I had ever had.

I smiled.

“What are you smiling about?”

“Nothing.”

After a few minutes, Tanya had managed to tame my hair into falling over my shoulders like a waterfall, and they looked perfect.

I wore a pair of combat boots that looked girly and we were good to go.

A honk outside the house told us the boys were here.

“Yikes!” Tanya yelped.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“This is my first date.. I don’t want to mess it up. Zach’s probably been on a million dates. I don’t want to ruin anything.”

“Calm down Tan, its my first date too! Nothing will get messed up okay? Now come on, they’re waiting.” I dragged her downstairs and into the car.

Zach was in the driver’s seat and Tanya sat beside him, leaving Jake and I at the back.

“Hey, Swagmaster, you look pretty.” Jake gave me a sideways hug.

I leaned towards him and smelled his mint and pine fragrance, feeling at home.

I heard him give a soft chuckle, inaudible to the others.

“I wasn’t sniffing!” I whispered into his ear.

“Alright, you weren’t” he whispered back, kissing my forehead.

I think I must have turned red because he smirked.

“Okay, guys, if you two have stopped making out in the back, I want to say that we have reached.” Zach yelled and I jumped.

“We weren’t making out!” I protested.

“Oh yes we were!” Jake shouted and I groaned, while Tanya and Zach laughed.

We got out of the car and were heading towards the amusement park, the most clichéd date spot.

Ever.

“We’re here!” Jake announced like we did not know already and I rolled my eyes, him taking my hand.

Tanya went queasy.

Shit.

Tanya hated amusement parks.

“Um, I think Tanya and I will go somewhere else, if you two don’t mind.” Zach turned to Tanya.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t know about you and amusement parks. I messed up big time.” Zach apologized to her.

She linked her hand with his and said cheerfully.

“Aw, its alright! I happened to see a movie theatre on the way, we should probably go there!”

Zach brightened up.

“Yeah! That’s a great idea! Angela, Jake. We’d better get going. Have fun.” Zach waved and walked away, winking at Jake.

As I saw the happy couple walking away, I sighed.

No double date after all.

Why did I get the feeling that this was all planned?

“Jake?” I looked at him suspiciously.

“Uhuh?” he grinned at me.

“Is there something I do not know?” I asked him.

“Um, I didn’t want a double date so I planned all this. I wanted some alone time with you, but if you mind then I guess we’ll go to the movies too.”

I smiled.

This guy was too cute.

I rushed up to him and kissed him on the cheek.

“No, this is perfect.” I grinned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THESE TWO ARE TOO CUUUTE! 

I WISH I HAD A BOYFRIEND LIKE JAKE BUT ALAS! I HAVE NO BOYFRIEND! 

ENOUGH WITH MY SOB-STORY, 

THE VOTING STILL CONTINUES! [NO VOTES YET :( ]

BUH-BYE! 

~misswhateverr