Logo-Hunting!

“What took you so long?” Jake asked, as I got into his car.

“Just bumped into Zach.”

“Oh. You like him, don’t you?”

I fidgeted with the end of my shirt.

“Pfft. No.” I was shocked it was that obvious.

“Don’t lie. I can see you becoming a tomato. Besides, I mean, the looks you give him. Gross.” He made a face.

I couldn’t think of any comebacks so I sat quietly and looked in the rear view mirror to check if I really was blushing.

“We should check out the mall,” I suggested.

“Yeah,” he agreed, and we drove into the mall parking lot.

He got out and before I could, he locked the door. I tried opening it several times but he just stood there, laughing.

“Let me out, jerk!” I banged on the window and he whipped his phone out.

“Open the door!” I yelled again, as the flash blinded my eyes.

What? Did he just click a picture of me?

Finally, he opened the door. The second I was free, I whacked him on the head.

“Your face!” He was still snickering.

Leaving him, I began walking towards the entrance really fast. Ugh. I couldn't believe how cross I was.

“Hey!” he tried to catch up and when he did, he walked alongside me. I still didn’t acknowledge him.

We went over to the board that had the map of the mall. Those things were useful at times.

“Hmmm, first floor, Electromania. Let’s check it out.” He said.

As we went up the escalator he tried to make me laugh.

“Why did the mushroom go to the party?” he said enthusiastically. I turned my head away in response, ignoring him.

“Because he was a FUN-gi. Get it? Fungi. Fun guy!” He began laughing. Still getting no reaction from me, he stopped and told me another joke.

“What's the definition of bravery? A man with diarrhea chancing a fart!”

“Gross!” I made a face at him.

“Yay! You’re talking! She’s talking.” He told the old man on the escalator with us.

And then, I saw it.

The destination for all girls.

Clothing heaven.

Forever 21.

“Oh my God! We have to go there. There’s even a sale going on! Come on Jakey, let’s go. It will take five minutes. I just want to browse through the stuff. Please!” Without waiting for a response, I dragged him into the store, the flat 40% sale signs looking like they were from paradise.

As soon as we got in, I ran to the nearest rack. I may be a girl who has almost no interest in clothes except for sweatshirts and jeans, but Forever 21 was an exception.

Suddenly, I saw this sweater hanging on the metal rack. It was black in color and had silver studs on the shoulder line. The word ‘SWAG’ was written in bold, white capital letters in the middle. It was so cute that I couldn’t resist taking my size for the changing room.

As I strolled towards the changing rooms, I happened to glimpse at a pair of shorts. They were aquamarine blue and had an Aztec print. I picked them up along with a cool red crop top that ended just above the belly button.