Skype Calls

It was Tuesday and I reached school early since Jake had come to pick me up earlier than usual. He and I separated our ways soon; him headed to the football ground and me to the drama class. On our teacher's orders, Andrew, Ryan, and I were to hang out in the class where rehearsals were going on so she could supervise us. In reality, she would be too busy taking care of the actors to even care about what we were doing.

Basically the entire day was spent lazing around and checking out the progress on The Merchant Of Venice, which was to be screened on the coming Saturday. The lead actors were fine, but the side characters sucked at delivering their lines, and often I found my teacher clutching her head in exasperation.

The day passed by slowly and later I was in the car with Jake driving back home.

"Any news from Ashley? Does she like it there?" he asked me.

"Nope. Maybe she doesn't have access to internet yet or is in a mess of moving over there." I shrugged.

"Hmm, she'll respond soon enough. By the way, you haven't been coming over to tutor me lately." He remarked and I shot him a look.

"What?" he saw that look. "And here I am, concerned about my studies for once and my girlfriend discourages me." He said with a smirk on his face.

I still got that inner woooshie feeling every time he called me his girlfriend. I know woooshie isn't a word but I really didn't know how to describe that feeling.

I rolled my eyes at his reply.

"I'm not discouraging you, idiot. I know you have nothing related to physics on your mind when you say you want me to tutor you." I said, but it was too late to realize what I had just said and bit my inner cheek, looking away.

What did I say? It sounded so so wrong!

Jake burst out laughing and I tried to cover my face with my bag.

"Angela I can't believe you said that! You of all people!" he gave me a mischievous glance and with his free hand poked my cheek.

He laughed some more and I groaned.

"But you're right." His laughter dies slowly. "I really have nothing else on my mind." He said, and I felt my cheeks heat up. Oh God, I was turning into a tomato!

The car slowed to a halt as we reached my house. He unbuckled his belt and turned to me.

I hastily unbuckled mine and tried opening the door but his hand gripped mine, not letting me leave.

"Forget I said that okay?" I said shyly and he smiled.

"You never really fail to surprise me." He pulled me in to a slow kiss and I was drowning seconds later, and never before has drowning felt so good.

"Physics right now?" I said slowly, breaking from the kiss. My eyes opened slowly and saw his do the same.

"I'm really sorry but I can't." he said sadly, and I nodded.

"I have to go back to school." He continued and seeing the confusion on my face he added that he had football practice.

I nodded sadly and before leaving the car, he pecked me one last time on the cheek and left for school.

I made my way into my house and headed to my room.

On switching on the computer, the email icon pinged, signaling that I had received an email.

It must be Ashley, I thought and excitement waved over me as I quickly sat on the chair and clicked it open. It was from her. I began reading.

Hey gurrrl, how have you been? Well, sorry for responding so late! The place I moved into got wifi only now. Speaking of my new house, its fricking awesome! It's in a tall skyscraper that's made for the employees of the company my dad is working for. It's a duplex and so cool looking! I live on the 17th floor and the view is incredible! I love it so so much! Oh, Angela, you really must come here! My room is super huge, about twice the size of my old room, and guess what? I already enrolled into my new school. It's okay-ish, with fewer students than our school, but they're all really nice, though I find it hard to adjust since my German is super bad. I'm taking to German tutoring. Aaaaand, dun dun dun, the best thing is that there's a guy in this skyscraper who also happens to go to the same school. And he is so fucking hot! Blonde hair, super sharp jawline, and his body is so nice I could lick it! He's a year older than me and we arranged to carpool together for school everyday! I'm so happy! I think I'm in looooove. Speaking of which, how are you? Miss me? Of course you do! Here's my new number, give me a call whenever, I miss talking to you. Your lesbian love, Ashley.