Them Feelings

“Here, let me do that.” Andrew took the half-painted stone from me and began working on it.

I mumbled a small thanks and he smiled.

I was still recovering from the shock Ashley had given me.

“Is something wrong? You look down.” Andrew said and Ryan looked at me in concern.

“Nope. Nothing!” I said, smiling, a little too brightly than I felt.

“If you say so. By the way, I heard Jake and you started dating.” Ryan said.

“Yeah we are.” I looked at the ground and smiled. This was what Jake did to me even when he wasn’t around.

“Wow, I mean, I knew you guys were close, but I had never expected him to leave Wendy. Nobody leaves Wendy.” Andrew said.

“They had problems even before I came in the picture so their relationship was bound to fall apart anyways.” I said.

“Ah,” Andrew murmured.

“Enough slacking off, get to work. Angela, get some paintbrushes.” Ryan barked, back to his usual leader self.

“Hey! We are almost done and there’s still three weeks left!” Andrew protested.

“No, there is so much to be done-“ I left the two fighting and went to the storeroom, where all the brushes were, chuckling.

Those two were completely different people, yet got along so well.

They were nice people, putting aside Andrew’s creepy red eyes, which I had somehow not gotten used to.

The storeroom was dark so I fumbled for the light switch, took a bundle of brushes that looked decent, and left the room.

“What class do you have right now?” I heard Jake behind me.

“Drama. I’m helping with the backdrop for the upcoming play.” I told him.

He drew near me.

“You know, I get really jealous these days.” He said, coming terribly close to me and I took a step back till my back touched the wall.

He stood in front of me, hands on either side of my face, with us sharing the same air.

“I don’t think its fair that you spend so much time with Ryan and Andrew and so little time with me, your boyfriend.” He mumbled, and I felt my cheeks heating up.

I knit my eyebrows in confusion.

“How do you know their names?”

“I have sources babe.” Then he planted a kiss on my lips.

“Keep doing that thing with your eyebrows, and I keep doing this.” He smirked.

“What class do you have right now?” I pushed him away but held his hand, so that we wouldn’t get in trouble if anybody saw us.

“Physics. It’s too boring so I’m skipping.” He said matter-of-factly.

I grew annoyed. “Hey! You shouldn’t skip Physics, especially if you are not so good at it. Get back to class.” I scolded him.

“It’s too unexciting. Besides, I have a great tutor.” He smirked and turned to go back to class, giving his signature two-fingered wave.

I blushed. Right.

I jogged back to class.

“What took you so long?” Ryan cringed.

“Stuff happened. Here,” I handed him the brushes and smiled.