Ashley

We sat in the park for a while, not speaking, but the silence between us was a comfortable one. Occasionally Jake cracked a few jokes and we talked about a lot of stuff. He told me that the break-up of Zach and Tanya had really affected Zach.

"He just doesn't play football that well these days. It's only practice but football season is coming soon and he needs to be in top shape. He seems distracted, often zones out, and many a time I see him sitting on the bench, expressionless. I mean, that's not the Zach I know." Jake said.

I really hoped that things would be okay between the two of them.

"You know Jake, the craziest thing happened. Last night, some person called me and threatened me that if I showed the ring to the principal then she/he would do something nastier." I said. "They said this, 'Tanya and Zach was just the first level. You don't want to be next.'. So they practically took responsibility for the break up." I continued and Jake's eyes widened.

"You don't want to be next." He muttered.

"I think that Wendy is going to try to sabotage our relationship next." He said.

"But she won't be able to, right?" I raised an eyebrow and smiled up at him, he smiled back.

"Never in a million years." He said gently and placed his lips on mine. It was a slow, short, sweet kiss, so light but yet it made me feel all mushy inside. I think my legs just fell asleep. I wanted more.

"I want to yell at her so bad." He said quietly, forehead against mine, eyes closed. I leaned away.

"You're going to do nothing of that sort." I said sternly and he chuckled.

"Relax, I won't." he grinned but soon that grin turned into a smirk.

"If you promise to come to my party tomorrow, however late or for the shortest of time, I promise not to do anything to her." He said evilly and I sighed.

"Fine. I'll come. But don't be disappointed if I end up coming in tracks and a sweatshirt." I wiggled a finger under his nose.

"I won't be disappointed." He smiled and took my hand, getting up.

"Come on, let's go." He said, pulling me up.

"Where?" I was just starting to have a great time.

"The movie theatre? I was taking you out remember?" he said.

"But I thought this was the date. And I don't mind hanging out here for some time more." I said and he shook his head vigorously.

"I'm Jake Summers. I have a reputation to uphold. I can't call a walk in the park a 'date'." He said, finger quoting 'date'.

I laughed, and linked my arm through his.

"Okay, Mr. Summers, lets go." We headed back to the car, and drove to the movies, watched an action movie that we both had wanted to watch for a very long time.

Well, we watched most of it...

By the time the movie got over, it was a little over seven. When my mom called to ask me where I was and I told her I was with Jake, she told me that I could stay out all night long if I wanted to.

"Mom!" I protested in surprise and she cut the phone, giggling. Sometimes, I wondered if she had this dual-personality disorder.

We had an early dinner at Burger King, and afterwards Jake dropped me home.

Snow and my mom-who for once wasn't in the kitchen-greeted me.

"So, how was the date?" she followed me up my room, giddy.