Chapter 101 - Left behind

Jason tried in vain to escape, scooting about the room. "Someone! Get me out of here!" He yelled, despite knowing his friends likely couldn't hear him, kicking the wall in the hopes that it would perhaps crack and reveal a path of escape. Needless to say, that didn't happen. But he did get a reply,

"They can't, Jason!" Someone yelled back at him from another room. Jason paused, "Bodil?" "Who do you think?" Bodil snapped. "What- are the others with you?" "No. If they could rescue us, we wouldn't still be in binds, now would we? If they're even still alive, we're probably not their top priority." Bodil replied, his voice raised to be heard in the other room.

   By then, knives had stopped shooting past Jason. He began to slo-o-owly make his way over to the sharp little objects. "I.. we're going to make it out of this, Bodil." Jason frowned, looking at the knives lodged into the wall, then the two that hadn't stuck and were now on the ground in front of him. He tried to work out a way to cut his binds with them.

   A strangled shriek came from the neighboring room as Jason was attempting to wriggle towards the knives to grab them with his bound hands, "Bodil? Are you alright?" "I-I'm fine, yes, definitely, knives are just my favorite thing to have stuck in my leg, you know," Bodil replied from the other room, his voice heavy with sarcasm. Jason grimaced, infinitely glad he had gotten out of the way of his own execution. "Try to flip the chair, Bodil. You're in a chair, ri-?" "Yeah, I am- I'll try that." Bodil interrupted Jason, attempting nonchalance.

    "Tell me when you've flipped it, okay?"

  "Jason, shut up so I can concentrate." In the other room, another knife whizzed by his head, nicking his ear. Bodil hissed in pain under his breath before trying to flip the chair he was bound to.