Chapter 74 - How Could He?

I got it fixed! Yes! So I might be able to manage more updates. I'm so sorry, again, for my writing. Or, Er, Lack of writing these past two weeks. I've had a bad case of writers block XD but the best way to get around that is to power through it! Lesgo!
________

Mitch's second thoughts about being associated with the Mastermind were still there. Why did he ever think this was a good idea? Maby there was still hope for Mitch. Many if he just told everyone who they were- no. He couldn't do that. He made a promise. He still remembered the day he made it. It had only been a few months before all of this havoc unfolded...

"Mitch come on! Please help me out with this!" The 'Mastermind', as he was calling himself, said. "I don't understand why your doing this. A killing game without a respawn system? This is madness!" "I thought you loved killing games-" "I like them when you respawn! This idea of yours would be murder!" "Please? I promise, you don't have to do much. You just have to go to the first one, kill someone, get yourself caught, and then I've made a deal with Gizzy to have you escape. Then just drop the invitations off at the houses, then come back for the rest of the people from the mansion! Make it seem like you're saving them! Easy!" Mitch started to say the Mastermind's name, the beginning of a protest against the whole idea, but the Mastermind interrupted, "It would be best to get in the habit of calling me the Mastermind. Or Monoman, at least." Mitch slowly shook his head, "I'm not going to be able to talk you out of this..." "Nope." "Fine. I'll do it. I promise. But promise me something in return. All of these horrible deaths Gizzy has planned... if you kill someone, make it quick and painless..."

How could he have been so stupid? How could he have agreed? How could he, at one point, find himself laughing about the whole thing? How could he? Now he found himself surrounded by the disbelief, hatred, and disgust of the people around him. He could still be the hero. He knew he could. But for them to think that much of him, he would have to lie to them even more. After all he had already done, how could he do that?