Chapter 89 - Trust me

Euuuughh I hate sleeping medicine... it makes me so... out of it the next day. I'd rather not sleep, like I usually do. It's 7:30 pm and I'm juuuust waking up.. Euuuughh..
_______
Jason blinked. It was beautiful day outside. The birds were singing... the flowers were blooming...

Jason realized he was blocking the door like an imbecile, and stepped quickly outside. "There you are! Yes!" Someone Jason recognized from the video as Baki looked over at them. "Baki~!" Bodil tackled his friend with a hug. "Woah!" Baki exclaimed.

"Thank you so much," Sqaishey reached out and shook Baki's hand. Baki nodded, smiling, but glanced behind her at the doorway, "Is this... all of you? I mean, I know one of you already escaped, but still... I thought I got here in time, before this place had it's way.. seems I cut it close, eh?" Baki chuckled half-heartedly. "You sure did! But really, thanks." Seto said. "You guys were in the trial room, right? One of you didn't.." "No, no!" Brice laughed nervously, holding his hands out in front of him and shook his head, "It was the Mastermind's trial." "...Oh. Why were they having a trial?" "Long story," Sqaishey said.

They walked away from the mansion. Jason looked up at the looming building, searching for that little window. There was a banner in front of it, with all of their names, including the people who were dropped in half way through. That was planned, it would seem. Baki looked back at the banner aswell, "You're.. sure there's no one else?" "Quite sure," Seto informed. "Baki," Bodil started uneasily, "Yeah, Bodil?" "You killed him. Double. Ryan. Whatever you want to call him by. He's dead now, because you just had to escape that place. Shelby's mansion." "I... you... know about that..? I-I'm so sorry I-I wanted out of there so badly I'm so sorry!" Baki stopped walking.

"No one besides maybe Bodil will hold that against you. We've all done some terrible things," Seto patted their rescuer on the shoulder, "Trust me."

Jason looked down at his feet as he walked. What.. what now?