Chapter 99 - Anonymous

When you're rife with devastation there's a simple explanation, you're a toymakers's creation trapped inside a crystal ball!
_________

      "Okay, okay... which one of these buttons unblocks the door...?" Someone relatively close to the mic muttered. The mic, being a headset Steve had on, was still on his head, and the voice was far enough away to be garbled and static. Brice could only assume it was Duncan.

    "Oh God.. one of them already died! Yeah, yeah, I know, you told me that would probably be the case. Now help me. There's a lot of buttons here.. A blue one? There's three. The middle? I hope you're right.. you know, why am I even trusting you?" Duncan was grumbling from above Steve, presumably to himself.

    On second thought, it sounded like he was on the phone.

   Brice looked back over at the monitors while Duncan bickered, "I mean, you won't even tell me your name. How did you even know my number- are you watching me? What do you mean? You are?! Who are you? No, I'm not going to press it until I get answers!"

     Jason leaned and threw his weight to the side. And then did it again. The second time, the chair tipped over. His head smacked into the ground. He groaned. Now his head hurt. He started trying to get out of the chair again when a dagger sailed overhead, where his arm had just been. He hissed under his breath as his struggles flipped the chair on it's back, on his arms. He was sure that opened the wound from the arrows.

  After three more pieces of small weaponry flew overhead, he finally flipped it to it's other side, then again. He began inching across the room like a worm, still tied to the chair.

    If he could make it to the wall, maybe he could find a way out. Air had to be circulating in there somehow, right?