Chapter 55 - Shut Up

"Excuses!" Hannah snapped. She was demanding a confession from the Parkourist, standing over him. "They're not-" "Don't lie to us!" "I'm not!" Bodil exclaimed. "Hannah, don't you think you may be jumping to conclusions?" Stampy asked. Hannah paused, "But it's so obvious!" She said. "Not really." Jason said, "I heard something last night. Probably the Culprit. He was coming from down there." Jason pointed to the opposite end of the hall, where they had previously found Ross. How long ago was that? One, two weeks? It seemed like much longer. "That could have easily been anything," Quentin said. "I suppose so." Jason frowned.

"Wait... where's his hat?" Lee asked. "They probably took it." Mitch replied. Mitch had woken up as if he had never been ill, strangely. "Let's see if we can find it," Quentin suggested. "He was wearing it when we swapped rooms.." Bodil confirmed. They searched Simon's own room anyway. "You said he was wearing the hat?" Quentin asked from in the room. "Y-yeah." Bodil had stayed outside. Or rather, since he was the prime suspect, he was told to stay outside. "Then what is this?" Quentin replied. He came out of the room with the hat, "It was in the closet." Quentin said bluntly. "..But... He only has one melon hat..." Bodil was confused. "Exactly." Quentin said. "And who was in this room for the night?" Quentin prompted. "....I-" Bodil stopped. No-one was going to listen to him. If he said anything they'd just use his words against him. So for the first time, Bodil knew it was time to shut up.