Chapter 68 - One Sided Battle

Mwahahhahahahahah!
___________

"What do we do about Brice?" Mitch asked Jason while they searched the kitchen. "I don't know..." Jason replied. "If he's going to mess with the evidence, that's a big problem." Mitch persisted. "It's not like we could kill him." Jason said. "I could take one for the team." Mitch replied thoughtfully. "You know you're not going to do that." Jason said, searching the cupboards.

Brice's mind was a battlefield between the part of him that wanted to say 'I'm sorry' and the part of him that wanted to go on speaking to Lee and Stampy about his artwork. You can guess which side was winning this battle, "Oh, you won't believe it! I put a lot of effort into this piece you know," He smiled. It's just a different kind of paint, he assured himself, I didn't kill Sub. But another part of him knew, as Seto had said, this wasn't ok. The latter part of his mind was, unfortunately, very small. This battle had a clear Victor. So he laughed on, but the very back of his mind kept repeating, I'm so sorry. This isn't me. I'm so, so sorry. He giggled to himself. Of course this was him! He kept on about how magnificent his painting was, with Lee and Stampy following him up the second flight of stairs. But that small corner of his mind kept whispering, an endless loop of regret.