Chapter 46 - Suspected Truth

Curses! I wrote this entire chapter yesterday but my tablet went dead and it deleted itself! AGH!
_____

Mitch Leaned on the now locked again locker. He was alone. He smiled to himself. He knew everything. He knew, oh, he knew. And it was driving him insane not being able to tell anyone. He laughed at the thought. Hadn't he always been insane? Why was he helping the Mastermind? Didn't he hate despair? Didn't he save people from a mansion? Or didn't he lead them right into the Mastermind's trap? Didn't he leave those convincing notes for 'police surveys' on people's doorsteps? He laughed. Even Jason fell for that one. He knew the announcement would go off in a minute, so he walked back down the hallway. He had a mystery to solve, after all.

    Jason looked at the item in his hands in dismay. It was his pocket knife. It had been lying on the floor in the large puddle of blood around Barney. Since it was such a small room, even smaller than the closet, actually, only Hannah and him were looking for evidence. It was obviously the murder weapon. Hannah had already spotted the crucial evidence aswell, so it wasn't as if he could hide it. "You found the weapon? Great. I think that's all there is here. Let's meet back up with the others-" 'Times up! Come to the Dining room! Another double murder? Interesting!' The announcement interrupted Hannah.

   Jason turned the closed pocket knife around in his hands nervously. They were going to blame him. They were going to blame him. He was going to die. They were convinced it was him. "I remember that knife. We ran around here in the dark like bosses." Mitch chuckled. Jason looked up to see Mitch had dropped to the back of the group to walk beside him. "Yeah..." "Tell me everything that happened. From your point of view, anyway. When did you find Lewis?" Mitch asked. Jason told him his side of the story. "I believe you." Mitch said simply.

       Seeing that his friend still had faith in him filled Jason with determination.