Chapter 30 - New Guests

Yep. Surprise!
_____________

Eight people woke up in bedrooms that weren't their own the next morning. Each one had a tablet on their nightstand with directions to the 'Dining Room' programmed onto it.

Jason woke with a start. He looked around and saw Seto and Mitch beside him. "Guys. It's morning." He said. "Ugh. I'm not a morning person." Seto mumbled, sitting up. Mitch just kept on snoring. Jason got up and looked inside Bodil's room. He was still asleep. Jason closed the door. Did Monoman really...? Jason ran down the hall. He didn't. He couldn't have. Jason looked at the name plate on the door. Tell fact that there was a nameplate on the door. The door that, yesterday, had no nameplate. It said Hannah. He didn't know who Hannah was. There were twenty vacant rooms in between the people in the mansion when they arrived. That number was gradually rising up until now. Twelve unnamed rooms. Jason read the names. Hannah, Simon, Sub, Brice, Sqaishey (yes it's spelled right), Amy Lee, Shelby, and Sips. Jason recognized most of the names, but he didn't know very many of them. Beep. His tablet beeped. 'Everyone hurry up! -Monoman'

Jason sat with six other people. No new people yet. Bodil wasn't up either. "So th-there really are more people?" Lewis asked. "Yeah." "The girl Monoman mentioned. Her name is Hannah. She's a friend of mine. Was she one of them?" Lewis asked. "Hannah? I'm afraid so." Jason replied.

"Uh... It says right here, guys! This is the Dining Room!" Someone shouted from down the hall. "Please say this is a terrible, terrible nightmare!" Stampy said. He apparently recognized that person. The first person to come around the corner was a... Chicken? A duck? Yeah, a duck. Then came a girl with an owl hat, then a guy with a bright neon green shirt, a girl with pink braided hair and a skirt that looked like a mermaid tail, a guy with a matching light blue shirt and pants, a guy wearing a melon hat, A guy with blonde hair and a black shirt with a picture of a gold ingot on it, and a girl with bright red hair in a ponytail. "Hey!" A few of them shouted, seeing the seven other people. Many of them made their way towards certain people. "Everyone that just got here!" Mitch shouted, "Introduce yourselves! Then we'll explain whatever we can!" When no one said anything, Mitch added, "You in the light blue shirt! You go first!" He said, pointing at him to specify. "Uh... I'm Sips. Hello!" He said. "I'm Shadow Lady, but call me Shelby." The girl with the bright red hair said. "I'm Sqaishey!" The Duck chimed. "...I'm Sub." The guy in the neon green shirt said quietly. "I'm Hannah! Nice to meet you all." The girl with the owl hat said. "I'm Simon!" The guy wearing the melon hat introduced himself. "My name's Brice." The guy with blonde hair and a black shirt with a picture of a gold ingot on it said. "And I'm Amy Lee! But just call me Amy." The girl with pink hair chimed, "That's all of us." Amy said. "They're here..." Bodil said from the doorway, "I was hoping they wouldn't be here. I really was." Bodil yawned. He must have just woken up. "Bodil!" Simon waved. "No! Not you! Anyone but you!" Bodil exclaimed. "What?"

"Um... if we could just ignore Bodil for a moment that would be great." Mitch continued talking, "This is the Mansion of Despair! Until we find a way out, the only way to get out of here is to kill someone else here and get away with it. Uh... don't do that." Mitch said awkwardly. "What?!" Sqaishey exclaimed in disbelief. "Yep." And Mitch explained everything he knew about the Mansion to the eight newcomers, putting emphasis on the fact that they shouldn't kill anyone.

_______

Well, wanted to be original...