Chapter 41 - Inconspicuous

Jason sat at dinner later that day. He was accompanied by Seto, Brice, Shelby, Bodil, and, of course, Mitch. Mitch rarely skipped a meal. Jason now knew why. Jason sat beside Brice on one side, and beside Shelby on one side. He didn't really want to sit with Mitch.

"So what now?" Brice asked. Jason shrugged. He didn't know. How could he? He didn't have the slightest idea who this 'MasterMind' could be, and there weren't many other helpful things to do. "I say we keep looking for evidence to reveal the Mastermind... and get rid of them, whoever they may be." Bodil said. "That's a good a plan as any," Mitch said, standing up.

"Hold on a second! You're forgetting something!" A robotic voice that was infinitely too cheerful exclaimed from behind them. "You're forgetting the motive!" Monoman laughed. "Not everyone is here." Mitch crossed his arms. "So? You can tell them later!... that's up to you, of course. You don't have to tell them. " Monoman specified, "So here it is! Whoever kills someone next, if they get away with it, they get a million dollars!" Monoman laughed. "Seriously? Are you out of ideas? You're trying to bribe us?" Shelby was unimpressed. "You'll be surprised at what people will do if you pay them enough," was all Monoman said before he poofed away.

"You know what? I just remembered something. Stampy's name was on the list of people in the first mansion." Bodil commented after a moment, completely off topic. "Yeah.... it was, wasn't it?" Mitch said. "I wonder why..." Bodil trailed off, thinking.

They had agreed that it would be best if no one else knew of the motive. So when they were looking around for clues, they awkwardly and very suspiciously avoided the rest of the people in the mansion.

Totally inconspicuous.