Chapter 99: Didn't He Tell You?!

I wake up and stretch my stress out. Tomorrow is the day when I can finally take my daughter home. Zayn is working double shift so he can take us home tomorrow. I've for a long time to carry my daughter in my arms and now I'm finally getting the chance to. It went by fast but slow too. I sit on the floor in front of the room.

After a couple of hours staring at the wall, Arlene came and sat next to me "Hey bud." I smile, hugging her and resting my head on her shoulder. She smirks "finally gonna be free. How does that make you feel." I grin "happy, anxious and even scared. I mean what if they take her away and..." she shushes me, moving herself in front of me "Zayn didn't tell you Emma?!" I nod slowly "Told me what?" he chuckles, dipping her head low "Louis found out that Yegor served two years in state prison for aiding a drug cartel." I gasp "He didn't mention that on the file! What will happen to him if we bring it up? Him denying his past?" she shrugs "mm, what do I care. At least you guys keep the baby now. Just wait three more weeks okay, it'll all be over."

We stay silent for some time, letting me process everything. Then she sighs "did you ever find out why Zayn didn't answer his phone that day?" I shrug, closing my legs together "he was sound asleep, ignoring the phone. But Natalie went to wake him up at his dorm." She frowns "What? Emma, when I left after you gave birth, getting your gym bag, Natalie and Zayn were coming down your stairs." I stay quiet and think. But she chuckles "Oh wait, Niall asked anyone for the gym bag. I thought she wasn't coming so I went but she took the bag." I roll my eyes "well, now that's over, wanna see her awake?" she pops her eyes "She opens her eyes now?"

I softly sing and Danielle opens her eyes, looking at us. Arlene laughs "Oh! Em's she has the most beautiful blue eyes." I smile and look down at her, admiring her tiny structure.