Chapter 20: Into Bones

I really didn't want to see them at all, let alone hitch an awkward ride with them. What if they both know about Sunday, what if they hate me; what if's ran too much in my head because next thing I knew, we were parked outside Luke's mom restaurant. Doors slammed and I was still inside, not wanting to move. Ashton peeked inside "Em's you okay?" I turn to him and clear my throat "um... yeah I just forgot something." I scoot over and get out. Arlene was wrapped around Luke, while Zayn waited for me to get out. I close the door and he locks the car.

We walk to the entrance; the entire parking lot was full. The place seemed real busy once we entered. Plates clashing, pans were sizzling and orders being shout out. The lady in the front smiled at us and we walked through the tables. We sat in the back booths. Thank god I sat in between Ashton and Arlene.

Even though both Luke and Zayn greeted me nicely, I couldn't help but feel like I'm unwanted. We sat in awkward silence, looking at the menu and waiting to order. I didn't have any cash so I just flipped through menu just to see. The Hemmo's are known for pizzas and burgers but their specialty is pasta and desserts.

A lady with a note pad and pencil approached us. Everyone order and when it came to my turn to turn down the offer, Zayn immediately volunteered "it's okay, ill pay for plate." I smile "No its okay Zayn, I'm not hungry." He emphasizes "Emma, its fine really. Just order or ill order something for you." I stand my ground "Zayn I said I wasn't hungry, really its fine." Zayn ignores my wishes and orders me a bacon burger with fries.

I shyly raise my sweater sleeves upward and look at Ashton, who was wiggling his eye brows. I smirk and Luke questions "so Louis just left and he didn't do anything to defend you?" Arlene sighs "yeah." Zayn asks "so why were you guys fighting in the first place?"

Arlene shifted her weight to one side and sighed "well after school, I walked to Louis's car as usual but Eleanor was there waiting for Louis. She wanted me to tell Louis that she couldn't make it to dinner at my house for the evening. That got me mad, telling her to grow balls and tell Louis himself. Then we started arguing about their stupid freaking relationship, that she really likes him and shit but I told her she's a lying cunt. By the time I knew it, she slapped me. Thank god Emma came when she did because I was about sock her. Anyways when Louis came, he protected her and got mad at me for nothing." Both Zayn and Luke sigh, cursing Louis under their breath.

Ashton added "I can't believe Louis; I mean yeah he says he hates you but he never means it. It's just weird for him to act this way. I mean I know Louis and he would have done something about it but he didn't. I don't know what's up with him." Arlene laughed out of the nowhere "it's funny because Emma was about to sock her but Louis stopped her, but at least now I know..." Luke chocked "Emma! Emma was about to sock her." I blush at all the eyes on me but thank fully the food came, reverting eyes.

Luke mocked "are we going to pray miss?" Ashton laughed "better say amen, it's weird not to." Arlene snorted "yeah, you know, I'm gonna pray." She starts off "My dearest lord in the heaven, fuck my big brother in the ass and kill that little cunt. Thank you for the food. Amen!" we all laugh and start eating.

Ashton does ridiculous things throughout while everyone else jokes around or curses. I was just there, observing. I chew on my fry when I see Luke had finished eating everything off his plate, whereas everyone else was half way done. He sees me looking and mouths "member?" I smile and mouth back "yeah." He looks away and I go back to eating.

Once were done, Arlene and Zayn went off to the arcade section, playing Pac man. Ashton throws his hug arm around me "let's go say hi to mom." Luke yelps "she's working today?" Ashton scoffs "dumbass, she's the manager, she always ..." Luke sits up "she's manager now? When did this happen?" Ashton scratches his head "two months ago, she didn't tell you?" Luke stands up and walks towards the kitchen. Ashton follows him, and turn back to me, telling me to go with them.