Chapter 91: Call Me John

I sit on the bed and rest my back on the wall. I stare at the door and think of nothing else. Suddenly the door slams open and Zayn dropped a white and red paper bag on the table and closed the door "I got your pills. Right now, were gonna go and eat something so put on your shoes." I nod no "I'm not hungry right now Zayn." He shrugs "well too bad, you're gonna have to." I scoff "Zayn, I'm really not hungry okay." He grips his fist tight and hits the door. I jump and close my eyes. He sneers "God damn it Emma!" I cry "your gonna hurt you hand Zayn." He sneers "yeah well you're gonna hurt yourself! You're hurting me for fuck sake Emma!" I try to breathe softly "I'm sorry if I am but I'm not hungry." He chuckles lightly "do you think this is a game Emma, you think that by not eating you're gonna be fine?" I sob "Yes!" he groans and tugs on his hair "No! you're getting worse Emma!" I yell while sobbing my eyes out "You don't Know! You don't know how I feel Zayn! You don't understand!" he kneels in front of me and grabs my hand "then help me understand. Talk to me Emma. Please. You've kept me in the dark for three weeks already. The therapist won't talk to me. You won't. I'm scared Emma. Our baby is coming out soon and I need you to stay strong for the trail in two days." I close my eyes and cry. He whispers "please Emma." Cup his cheeks and kiss him. I sigh and look down "do you ever feel hopeless? Like everything is out of your control? And you feel it's better to give up than try." He nods "but Emma, our daughter needs you. She needs you to be strong for her. She needs you to get better. You need to get better. Do it for our daughter. Push through for her. I know it's not that easy but we have three more weeks and we get to take her home. We will get through this okay. But you need to cooperate and communicate with me okay. Oh, and your mom has a surprise for you."

He gets my hand and we walk to the hospital's cafeteria. As we enter, he leans closer to me and points straight ahead. I skim through the crowd and see my mom waving. Then sitting next to her is Harry and Wilbert. I gasp and run to them. Wilbert gets out of his chair and runs to me, gripping me into a tight hug. I shriek "you're here!" he pats my hair and hugs me tighter "I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner, but I never break my promises love." I cry on his shoulder "I missed you!" he swings us and we stand there for a couple of minutes then Harry came up to us "okay, it's my turn." Wilbert chuckles and leaves us there. Harry sighs, touching my lip softly "still pretty bruised but your mom said it looked horrible." I look down at my shoes and he comes to hug me. He sighs "Why didn't you call me? why didn't you seek for help in the first place?" I frown a bit "I like to think for once I'm strong." He clicks his tongue "well, I'm on winter break so my dad let me stay here with my mom. I'm gonna be here for you okay." I nod and we go sit down.

As Zayn gets me a sandwich with a cup of jello and lays, I see Mason and Gregory on the other side of the cafeteria. I grin and take a bite. I really didn't want to eat but Zayn was right, my daughter needs a healthy mom.

After, Zayn gave me my pills and walked me to the therapist. We turned a hall he was standing there, laughing. He spotted us "Emma, Zayn. You guys are early, usually almost always late." I grin and he takes my hand and walks us to his room. I sit on the sofa and he sits in front of me with his book. We stay silent for a while until he chuckled "before you would have gotten irritated by the waves." I frown and listen closely. He has it turned on, the waves. He sometime's would turn it on and annoy me but today I didn't hear it. He smiles "not going to lie Emma, you're making progress. I'm really proud of you but now it's time for you to start talking okay." I look at him shyly and grin. Suddenly the door opens wide and Mason jolts in. I startled "Mason?" he looks at me surprisingly "Emma..." my therapist grins wide "you guys know each other?" Mason clicks his tongue "uh, yeah." He smirks "I'm going to recommend something but you both have to agree." We look at each other and nod. He gets up and reaches for two books on his shelve. He hands one to us "read three chapters each day and the next day, you guys meet and discuss anything you like according to the chapters you read."Mason grins, lifting the book to him then leaves us. I frown "Mr...." he chuckles "Emma, I told you. Call me John." I rephrase "John... how does this help me?" he shrugs "it won't but it'll help Mason. He needs someone there for him." I ask "but uh, how can I be there for him if I'm not there for me?" he smirks "Don't worry about that, just read the book Emma."

He sits down and shows me a white card. After all these weeks of talking about my history as a girl, he decides to rip the band-aid off my chest. I close my eyes "mm, no." he frowns "Emma, I know it's going to hurt but you need to. It's the only way to heal. Sometimes being a glow stick, you have to break in order to shine." I chuckle "referencing tumblr?" he rolls his eyes "you have humor." I sigh and tug on my sleeve. He sighs "fine, tell me how you feel when you first met Louis." I look at him "I already told you." He chuckles "no you told me how you first met. I'm asking how it made you feel."

I cross my legs and chuckle "when Louis first talked to me, I was shocked. I was different from you guys. I didn't have the British accent, no color eyes, short and tiny. If he never would have made that gesture, I wouldn't have friends here, I wouldn't have much of a life. I wouldn't have my daughter. I guess I feel grateful." He smiles "Ashton?" I chuckle, rolling my eyes "he made the effort to make me feel welcome. He tries his best to make anyone happy. He loves with his heart and not mind..." John frowns "You say it like it's a bad thing." I nod no "no, it's not a flaw, it's a gift. He can love anyone so screwed up. Even me." he sighs "why do you say that?" I frown a bit "it's the truth. Look at me, here, in this room." He writes something down "Arlene?" I smile "She was nice but also rude. She had her shield against everyone she didn't trust. But she made me her friend." He interrupts me "you we're her maid of honor correct?" I grin "yeah, you're correct." He frowns "now, you only met Arlene, been friends for 5 months." I frown, nod and continue "well, she showed me what being a friend was like." He shifts in his seat "Luke."

Luke!? How does he know about him? I never mentioned him. I quickly look up at him and sneer "How do you know about him?" he replies "You're mother told me about him." I scoff "she had no right!" he levels my vision "Seems like Luke has some impact on you." I stay quiet and bite on my finger. He clicks his tongue "Okay, what about Stacy." I open my eyes wide.

I flash back to ten years ago. I was breathing heavy, running like a cheetah, trying not to get caught. Running through a field of grass. Looking for a place to hide. I sit behind a tree and feel my chest pumping fast. Suddenly I look back and scream.

Then I hear John "Emma? Emma. Emma!" I snap back to reality and stand up swiftly "our time is up. I'll meet Mason in the garden tomorrow. Please tell him." he kept telling me I had an hour left, to stay but my mom had no right.

I storm through the halls, crying of anger. I enter my room but no one was there. I look at incubator room but they weren't there. I turn around in a circle, cover my forehead and begin to feel weak. I walk downstairs and to the waiting room. Then I see them outside, talking. I run, swinging the door open and scream "You!" I jump to her but Zayn pulled me back. He was trying to get me to calm down but I scream "You had no right!" Wilbert yells at me "Emma! Calm down!" I shriek "You had no right to tell him!" by then I was sobbing. Harry puts his hand at me "Emma, what's going on?" I close my eyes and shriek "She told him about Stacy."