Chapter 2: The One With the Weird Name

During literature class, I kept feeling my phone buzz inside my pocket. I check my phone to find 10 missed messages from Louis. The idiot, doesn't he pay attention in class. Most of them were telling me to reply back because he's bored; others were completely random stupid stuff.

I reply 'hey?'

My phone immediately buzzed. 'Finally! I was getting bored to death!'

'Don't you pay attention to class you idiot?'

'No, do you?'

'YEAH!'

'Americans.'

'what do you want Louis?'

'let's hang out during lunch'

'I mean, I have no other choice so YOLO.'

'YOLO... and you call me immature, Americans.'

'that's because you are and where do I meet you?'

'I'll pick you up from class, which room are you in?'

'RM 108, Mrs. Pedregon.'

'Aw! Lucky Bastard, I love Miss P!'

'Well this Bastard has a lecture so bye Louis.'

I slide my phone into my jean pockets and focused my attention to the lecture. After 30 minutes of Pedregon talking, we had a quick Socratic seminar. The objective was 'What type of love does Sybil Vane and Dorian Gray illustrate?' This guy opinionated that both shared a deep connection through Shakespeare , connecting immediately and they fell in love almost instantly when they encountered one another. I argued against that notion. I perceived that both Sybil and Dorian possess physical attraction, not love. And I was about to include further but the bell rang, dismissing us. I gathered my belongings and headed towards the door. Mrs. Pedregon yelled out "Emma!" I turned to her desk "yes?" she smiled, resting back on her chair "Talk more often, I like your perspectives." I smile "Have a nice day Pedregon."

I saw Louis reclining on some lockers, and as soon as he saw me he yelled "Emma!" He walked over to me, throwing his arm around my neck. I've only met this dork no less than two days and we act like if we've known each other for years. I ask "so loser, what are we doing?" He laughed and tilted his head back. He mockingly shoved me off to the side, "I have friends, you're the loner." I scoffed "Are you sure they're not imaginary?" He laughed and kept walking. We arrived at the lunch tables outside. Louis yelled "Ashton!" A guy sitting far back of the place stood up and pointed at us, "That's Emma?" I looked at Louis and he smiled "He's my friend" I laugh "no kidding dork." We walked over to Ashton. He dressed different than Louis. His style was punk hipster look. I look at ashton, "Hey." His dimples popped when he smiled and said "You're cute." Louis smacked him across the head "she's our friend, can't compliment her looks, its awkward." He just smiled. I looked down "Ashton is a weird name." immediately he defened himself "What type of name is Emma!?" I smile "A normal one." Mocking him. He scoffed and lightly said "Whatever." Louis laughed "so babe we were..." He was cut off by Ashton "So I can't compliment on her looks but you can call her babe!?" Louis plainly said "Yeah." And continued "anyways, we were going to a party tonight, tag along, it'll be fun." I sighed "I don't know." Ashton jumped in "it'll be fun, well pick you up and take you home, well go for as long as you like, trust they're crazy parties." I agree "Okay, what time?" Louis thought for a while "Well pick you up at 7pm." I shrug "cool." Then the bell rang and Ashton moaned "Shit! I hate geography!" I laughed. Louis chuckled "Dude, I don't get it, it's super easy." Ashton shrugged, waving bye "Later Em's." Louis turns to me "Off to math class we go." I correct him "you mean off to comedy class." He laughed "Can't help if my awesomeness pours out." I nudge him "you're a dork you know that."

He winked and went into the halls. Suddenly a voice from the back yelled "Louis! Louis! Loui!" Louis stopped mid way and scrunched his face. I look back to see a shorter girl than me pushing through the crowd. She reached us, completely ignored me "Louis! I need a ride to the party." Louis scoffs "Nope, not happening." She punched him. I was shocked, so little yet so much anger. She crossed her arms "Louis! Fine I'm telling mom." He yelled "what are you 12?" she groaned "Louis!" he scoffed and agreed "Fine! But you're doing my chores for the week." She took the bait "deal." He sighed and introduced us "Arlene, this is Emma." She looked at me and smiled "Hey you're the American; I have you in three classes. See you around."