Chapter 93: Court's Hearing

In the morning Natalie and Arlene came into my room, storming in "Get up guys, game time." I groan and slowly sit up, resting on my arms. Zayn sigh, standing up "I'm gonna change in the men's bathroom. I'll wait in the cafeteria." He kissed my forehead and leaves. Natalie takes her curler iron out and plugs it. Arlene gets her makeup kit and grabs my hair in a pony tail "Don't worry Emma, I'll make you look beautiful." I scoff "thanks for scarring my self esteem." She rolls her eyes and goes through her bag. I slowly reach for her mirror and look at myself.

I looked horrible, pale and sick. Hopefully she's right. Both start working at the same time, pulling my hair and stabbing my face. when they were done, Natalie handed me her suit "here, this should fit you. It fits me too small." I quickly dress up, put on high heels and we leave. We rush to the cafeteria when I hear Mason's voice in back of me "Emma?" I turn around and see he's with Gregory. I tell the girls to go ahead. He walks to me, examining me "you... you look different." I smile "I have a court hearing. I may not be able to make it today. But sorry for the rush, I need to go." He smirks "no, go ahead. Best of luck." I wave and quickly sit with them. Niall sighs "we have two hours to get there, let's start heading."

I sat in the front with Zayn, while Niall and Harry sat in the back. I kept scratching the pants and ticking my finger on the door.

I didn't want to face this. I can't believe I have to fight to keep my own daughter. I'm petrified by the outcome. The only thing keeping me from crying at this moment is that my mascara isn't waterproof.

Zayn parks in front of the court house and he sighs "Ready?" I gulp "Are you?" he grins lightly and we get off. Zayn holds my hand and we walk up the stairs. At the entrance, Louis and my dad were speaking softly, suitcases and pant suits. Louis sighed "Shall we go in?" Zayn grabs my hand we all walk in. People turn to see us. Then I spot Klavdiya and Yegor, sitting and eyeing us. I gulp down and sit down in the very front.

My dad quickly gives us advice and suddenly a man yells "All rise, Judge Lauren is approaching." We stand up and watch a female judge walk in. They tell us to sit down and everything begins. Yegor's lawyer goes first, explaining their reasons. As we progress in time, I feel ultimately hopeless. I don't think we're going to win. Then their lawyer calls me up. I swear under oath and sit next to the judge. He walks up to me, smirking "You're Emma Johnson, mother of... Danielle Johnson correct?" I sigh, gripping on my sleeve "that's correct." He grins "and did agree to give your daughter up for adoption?" I close my eyes "correct?" he goes to the desk and grabs folders, throwing one to me and my dad and hands the other to the judge. I open and gasp. My dad slams his hand on the table and yells "objection! Invasion of privacy!" the judge shushed my dad and let their lawyer grill me. He smirks "on you're records, your nurse states that you said you got annoyed and frustrated at your roommates baby for crying, and right now going to therapy for postpartum depression." I look at my dad and he signals a five. I look down to my feet "I like to plead the fifth amendment." He smirks "okay, would you say you're an unfit parent to care after your child in this situation you're in?" I shut my eyes close "I plead for the fifth." He smirks "that is all judge." I return back to my seat and the judge knocked her small wooden hammer "after review, I have decided that in today's trial, Maslov Versus Johnson's, I adjourn the Maslov's win." I gasp and close my eyes.