Chapter 68: Bakery

Niall and Zayn rented a movie on cable in our hotel room and Natalie was skyping her model teacher. I was just laying on top of the bed and staring directly to the blank wall without thought or emotion. My mind was blank, I didn't feel al thing. All my senses faded and soon my world just consisted of the white wall.

Then pretty soon I just heard a heartbeat beating rapidly. I could feel it beating against me. It felt like a drum beating, hard and loud.

Suddenly it stopped and a small fragile heartbeat echoed. Faint and slow. It had no worries or pain.

I jump out of the bed and rush into the bathroom and lock the door behind me. I turn the cold faucet on and splash my face twice. I grab a towel and dry my face. I look at myself in the mirror and for a single moment I couldn't recognize myself.

In the night, I stayed awake and stared into the dark. There were the occasional snores coming from Niall and Natalie's sound of her grinding her teeth together. Suddenly Zayn turned his body around slapping my chest with his hand. Poor thing is so tired; he goes to school, works all day and then goes to his room and studies for exams. I smile, moving his hair away from his face.

Soon after, there was a little light coming from the curtains and revealing the clock. It ticks the seconds of my pain, it intensifies every waking moment I breathe. Then the 6:00 bell alarm rang, causing Niall to yell and fall from his bed. Natalie just laughs and pulls the covers over her head. Zayn groans "Tomorrow we leave right?" I sigh "Yeah, tomorrow." He turns over and pulls the covers over his head.

Niall stood up from the floor, massaging the back of his head "Can we eat now?" I roll my eyes and jump out of bed "Come on, get ready." He smiles and rushes to drawers.

We walk around the block looking through windows. Niall groans "It's so cold I'm gonna die Em's." I grab him by the arm and pull him into a small bakery shop. Niall smashed his face against the window showing bake goods "Emma! Look at this! And That! Oh My God Em's look!" I smirk "You could only choose three Niall." He closes his eyes and sighs deeply. Suddenly a woman pops out from the back kitchen. She smiles and her thick Russian accent sounded "Hello. Need help?" I smile "Ah yes we do." She frowns "An American in Russia?" I chuckle "Yes. We came to visit and look around." She nods and bends down to the bakeries "This is famous bread. Everyone loves. Oh and this too. Maybe, actually everything here is love and good." Niall laughs "Love Emma!" I roll my eyes and look at all of the variety. I sigh and rub my belly deciding what I should get Nat and Zayn. Then the woman snaps her fingers "You have baby?" I was caught off guard for a moment but then look down at my belly "Ah yes." She looks at me judging "Too skinny for baby. Spaghetti arms and fragile back. You need fat. Here, four bread for free for you dear." I chuckle "Oh no, it's okay." She scoffs "You kidding? You want baby strong." I smile and watch her get the breads. She sighs "is it boy or girl?" I smile "don't know yet. It's a surprise." She awes "I see. Anyways baby is blessing. You be a good mother to baby. Treasure baby." I smirk and then order the rest. We add four orders of hot chocolate and leave.

Niall kept sliding down the halls in the hotel "Come on Emma! Do it!" I roll my eyes and wait for the elevator to ding. Finally it opens the doors and we enter. Niall then starts pushing every button on there. We were stopping on every floor. I yell at him but then he tried to stop it but it didn't. We finally got to our floor and get off. Niall was looking around his pockets for the key when we heard Natalie scream "Zayn just Stop! I don't want to hear it." I frown and Niall unlocks the door.

I close the door and stare at them, Natalie facing away from me on the bed and Zayn facing me, standing up. I frown "What's going on?" Natalie sighs "tell Zayn to shut up!" I ask "Why?" she laughs "He wants to get his tubes tied and was asking for an opinion." I quickly to turn Zayn and he just gets red. Niall laughs "That is the funniest thing I've heard all my life!"

I smirk and drop the paper bags on the table. Natalie sighs "Smells good! What did you guys get?" Niall gasp "Okay so we were walking around and we found heaven on earth! Just look at this!" He pulls out the piece of bread.

The rest of the went by fast, watching reality TV shows and movies all day long. But when it was quiet and dark, everyone asleep, the thoughts slowly crept through my mind.

I couldn'tstop think about it but just sort of embrace the horrible lingering lies thatfeel true.