Chapter 52: Gas Station

After a while of sitting on the beach, Zayn had to bring it up again. I mean I really can't blame him, it's killing him. Were both slowly dying inside. I'm sure both of us didn't mean to get me knocked up but life is cruel.

Zayn sighs real loud, letting me go from the grip "Emma?"

I can feel the tears rallying up by the rims of my eye. My heart started pounding and my mouth turned dry. The felling was awful.

I cross my legs, inhaling sharply "Zayn I want you to think about this proposition I'm about to give you okay. And please don't interrupt me; let me finish saying what I need to say." He nods.

I close my eyes, just thinking about what I was going to say to him, killed my every being "I want you to have the option to um... I'm not having an abortion Zayn. That is not going to be a choice I'm going to endure. I understand were too young for this but I think it's just too immoral for me. Now, I may keep or may not keep this child. But if I do, I'm giving you the option of an outs. An outs to this relationship and outs to this responsibility. Just please think about it. I don't want to hold you back. Or maybe you can have an outs with me, and still somehow fit in with the child. I just don't want to ruin your life and I don't want you to hate me for it. Zayn, I'm giving you an outs, please take it." I can't believe he didn't say a word. Maybe he was going to take the outs.

Suddenly he starts sobbing "Emma, no. I will not take an outs, the outs you proposed. That was just stupid to ask of me; don't you know me at all? I LOVE YOU! I uh, I Adore you. I love you with every fiber in my being. And I will not leave you alone. I will be here for you and I will always be here with our child, no matter the outcome. I will be your rock, and you will be mine. You know it's not going to be easy but we have each other."

He took my breath away. I was completely lost in his words. Nothing mattered but us, that's the way he made me feel at that moment. I love him.

We go back to my house and sit with my parents and Natalie. Natalie was just mad as hell, I would think even madder than my mom but maybe it was just the lighting. And Zayn, he was just trembling under his breath. We both were.

My mom scoffs "Emma? You're not serious?" I sigh "I know you're an OB Doctor, and you would recommend an abortion but I'm not going to take your advice." She laughs "Emma. Are you insane? Just think about it. You are... the both of you are just too young to carry on this responsibility!" I scoff "Remember you guys would always tell us that nothing is an accident in life, that everything has a purpose. Well this child has a purpose, whether I want it to or not. Besides, you guys also taught me to never take the easy route, to always face my responsibility and the consequences. Look, I'm not sure yet, but adoption is what well both look into."

My mother sighs, my dad blows out his air with burden and Natalie is still mad as hell. Suddenly my mom stands up, walks towards me and leans to onto me, gripping me into a hug "I'm so sorry Emma." She sobs on my shoulder, telling me she only panicked because that was her immediate instinct, that she didn't mean to abandon me in such times and she was proud of me, facing the consequences.

Then my dad comes and pulls Zayn into our hug.

Then we leave and drive to his parent's house.

We arrive at night, feeling the cold breeze. We sit the family around the dinner table. I remember the first time I entered this palace. The reflection from the floor, a high spirited girl. In love with so many things, a girl in love with a boy. Now, the reflection see's a poor girl, with life being sucked out.