Chapter 61: Munchkin!

We lay down on my bed, facing each other. We didn't say a word; we just stared into each other's eyes. He gently ceased my hair and wouldn't lose his gaze. I was lost in his beautiful eyes. Just being with him had such great effect. Everything didn't matter but us. As if the world vanished beneath our nose and time itself stopped, like we were separate from the world.  

Zayn sighs, kissing my hand "You don't know how happy I am that you're here with me." I smile, moving his hair away from his forehead "I'm happy to be with you again." I shift, laying down on my back. He coughs, trying to put his hand over my belly "Wow, it's... Is it weird if I touch it?" I laugh, grabbing his hand and gently placing it on top. He chuckles, smirking "Wow.... Oh my GOD! Did you feel that?" The baby kicked. I laugh "It's kicking babe!" His laugh was filled with joy and astonishment. I whisper "look. Munchkin." The baby goes crazy, kicking me. Zayn laughs, sitting up and putting his face over my belly "Munchkin." The baby kicks again. Zayn looks at me, smiling "It knows! Jesus! You're smart munchkin." I sigh "Harry kept calling the baby that. It like the name." Zayn kisses the top of my belly and lays back next to me.

I turn to him, looking up at his chin "I need to pee." He gets up and helps me up. I sneer "Zayn, I'm only four months. I can manage on my own. I'm not a fragile old lady you know." Zayn rolls his eyes, smirking "still, I don't want you hurting yourself or the baby."

After I pee, I go down stairs, I was feeling hungry and in need of a refreshment. As I head down, Michael and Natalie were arguing. I thought he left with everyone a few hours ago. Why did he come back and what were they arguing about? I ignore them and make my presence feel minimal. I discreetly open the refrigerator and get a water bottle. Then I could hear Michael sneering "Oh please Natalie, don't give me that. That's bull!" She yells "Well I'm sorry if I can't control who talks to me!" Michael scoffs "Yeah! But you could control your flirting!" She groans in frustration loudly "Michael I wasn't flirting! He's my stupid photographer! I was being nice! And he's 50! You think I would flirt with a dinosaur!?" He rose his voice "Natalie, every time you take me to these stupid parties, I have to sit alone, watching every guy there flirt with you. You sometimes don't even acknowledge I'm there!" She laughs "Michael! All the guys that talk to me are gay! And I do acknowledge you! You just feel out of place and go sit somewhere without me and leave me alone for the rest of the night!" I hear him sigh and then a door slamming.

I hear footsteps approaching the kitchen so I quickly run and pretend I was washing the plates. Natalie exhales sharply, sitting down on the counter next to me "How much did you hear?" I act all innocent and grin "I didn't hear a thing." She scoffs, rolling her eyes "I don't get him Emma. I try and it's like I fail every time." I sigh, dropping the sponge and turn to her "Michael likes you a lot Nat. I mean it says a lot about him cause Michael hates parties. Any sort. Literally Nat, he comes from a different world. I mean he may not look a whole lot like Liam but they're the same. He just feels out of place like you said. I know Michael and he's the most out-going person but parties are his like, um phobia. He hates them... Nat, when was the last time you guys did something he liked?" she shrugs "Well, he always tells me to chose." I grin "He's being polite. I think you guys need to find a common ground that you both like. You guys need proper communication." She groans, dropping her head "I'm just so new to dating his type, not that there's nothing wrong with that. I like Michael. It's just I always dated football players or underwear models." I sigh, smiling "I know." I rest my back and rub my belly. She jumps off the counter and laughs "Look at that, you got a belly! Can I touch it?" I laugh and nod yes.

She kneels in front of me, rubbing it "Hey baby! I'm your aunt Nat. Aunt Nat loves you baby." I get her hand and put it straight "munchkin." The baby kicks wildly. She laughs "Munchkin! Munchkin!"

Zayn got the bed ready to go sleep and the baby kept rolling around. I groan, sitting down on the bed "it keeps moving around." Zayn turns off the lights and jumps on the bed "let me see, come here." He shoves his face on my belly "Now listen munchkin, you gotta stop and let your mommy rest." But it doesn't stop; instead it rolls in the different direction. I rub the top and say tales but nothing. So Zayn and I start singing lullabies but it wouldn't calm down. I was getting grouchy and tried. I sigh "Ah! Go to sleep!" Zayn chuckles, kissing my cheek "let me see. My parents said they used to sing me a song to calm me down... Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high there's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby. Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true. Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me where troubles melt like lemon drops away above the chimney tops that's where you'll find me. Somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly. Birds fly over the rainbow. Why then, oh why can't I? If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow. Why, oh why can't I?" I laugh "I think that... oh no." I sigh and tell Zayn to sing it again.

Zayn had to keep repeating the song four times. Then it calmed down and Zayn fell asleep. But ten minutes later it was moving again. I tried to wake up Zayn but he didn't budge. He just told me that his coat was downstairs. I think Zayn was really tired cause I didn't ask him anything, I just called his name.

I quietly get up and go downstairs. I turn on the TV and get annoyed that the baby hasn't calmed down. It was already 1:30 in the morning. Then I see headlights roll up the drive way. My dad's home.

He walks in and throws his brief case on the floor and runs to hug me. I laugh "Hey dad." He sighs "How was the trip?" I roll my eyes and smile. He laughs "How's Niall? Did he get settled in?" I laugh "I spooked him about the attic. I told him a little girl was hanged there." He frowns "But it's true." I can feel my blood boil my skin "What?" my dad breaks out in laughter "I'm kidding." I scoff "What? You never kid?" He shrugs "I've been hanging out a lot around Louis." I giggle. He sighs "So, was it weird?" I frown "What's weird?" he chuckles "Your ex boyfriend meeting your baby's father?" I roll my eyes smiling "No, they're real chill with one another." My dad smiles "so, why are you awake so late?" I groan "Cause the baby keeps moving. Zayn already sand to it but its just hyper today." My dad shifts in his seat, leaning closer to me "Sleep, baby, sleep. Your father tends the sheep. Your mother shakes the dreamland tree and from it fall sweet dreams for you. Sleep, baby, sleep. Sleep, baby, sleep. Our cottage vale is deep. The little lamb is on the green with snow fleece so soft and clean. Sleep, baby, sleep." I smile "I remember you and mom would sing that after I had a nightmare." He smiles and continuous singing.

Next thing I knew, I woke up on my dad's bed with a note "I guess that song still works for you. You fell asleep so I carried you to my room. Love dad." I smile and get back inside the covers but then Zayn yelled "Emma!? Where are you!?" then footsteps running down the hall to down stairs. I roll my eyes and walk out "Zayn! I'm up stairs!" he peak's from the living room and runs back up. He hugs me "I woke up and you weren't there and in the bathroom." Sorry you fell asleep and the baby was still kicking so my dad put the baby to sleep." He blushes "I'm sorry, I was sleepy." I kiss his cheek "I know."