Chapter 16: Really, I Just Get This?

As we walk up the stairs, leaving the underground train station, Luke said "I'm jealous." I turn to him "Why? What are you jealous of?" he smiles, tugging down his hands inside his pockets "Of you, I mean look at you, winning and getting fabulous stuffed animals." I laugh "Luke... there just toys, there's literally nothing to be envious of." "Yes! That penguin! It's the penguin I'm envious of Emma." I laugh, handling the penguin to Luke "here, you can have it. Besides ill just keep it there to collect dust." He smiles "Aw, really" I tilt my head to laugh "ha, no." He grabs the penguin from my grip and tugs it under his arm pit and sticks his tongue out. We turn the corner and suddenly were on my street.

Luke turns to me, trying to get my gaze "Listen I know you won't see me during the week, and probably not text me due to the prestigious classes your enrolled in but let's hang out again." I gently wrap my arm around his "I probably won't see you but ill defiantly text you during the week, and yes... we should go hang out again." We stop in front of my stairs. He leans in "your dads not home yet?" I nod no "Nah, he's working long hours now, just me." I jiggle my keys and he leans in further "Well, if anything I'm a dial away okay, don't hesitate, well actually when you're hungry I'm not the go-to guy." I deeply exhale "yeah I don't want to die." He scoffs and takes two steps back "alright then, I better be off. Text me though okay, I'm those pathetic losers waiting for the call after." I laugh and wave bye. He heads off the different direction and I climb my stairs. Once I'm on the top, I turn to see Luke about to reach the corner. I quickly dial his number. I see him pick up his phone and answer 'hello?'

'Hi, were you waiting for my call?'

'Emma?, god *laughs* yeah.'

'Turn around.'

Luke turns, still holding the phone close to his ear.

'Emma, I have a stalker, 3ft tall, black crazy hair and rapist eyes.'

'Oh really, I see a mixed breed, the top half looks like an orangutan and the bottom half has flamingo legs.'

'Whatever, good night Em's. Hurry off inside, I don't want anything bad happening to you.'

'Really, you care for my well being but you forget to feed me?'

'SO-rry... I lost track of time with you, you have that kind of effect so blame yourself.'

'Good night Luke, text you tomorrow. And take care of that penguin.'

'With my life.'

I hang up and unlock the door, and walking inside. I lock the door behind me and throw the keys on the coffee table, slamming my body on the couch. I unclip the monkey from my neck and stare at it. Today was a good, fun and relaxing day. I look at my phone and find 72 missed messages. Half of them are from Arlene and the other half were from Louis and Ashton. I text Arlene 'hey.' Seconds later, she's calling me. I pick up

'Hey.'

'HOW WAS IT!!!? ?'

'It was fun and relaxing.'

'...that's all, god, did you kiss or anything?'

'No, it was like going out with any friend, casual and fun. Nothing happened.'

'Really nothing happened? Are you sure?'

'Yes, really, nothing happened, we didn't kiss or hook up.'

'Well did you feel anything when you were with him, blushing, butterflies, wanting to kiss him?'

'Arlene, were just friends, there was no romantic spark between us.'