Chapter 22: Bloody Nose

Both of us sit in silence. I didn't not want to move an inch; I actually stopped breathing for some time. I have to ruin everything. I had to think he wanted to kiss and I attacked him with my lips! I literally plastered my lips onto his and held his face closer to mine. But gosh those lips were amazing! So soft and he knew exactly how to kiss me.

I decided I was going to apologize but he beat me to talking by half a second "Emma, I know..." I cut him off, and face him "Zayn, that... that was a mistake." He sighs, moving his hair back "see Emma, that's the thing I know you were going to say but it wasn't a mistake!" he shifts closer to me "I understand that I just broke up but my heart has been for a long time now. And until you came along, that night..." I cut him off by covering his lips seal "No Zayn, ugh. Look we just met. I don't even know your middle or last name, your favorite color or anything really. Look I really want to kiss you, I do but when we kiss I want to be able to call you..." he removes my hand and interjects "Mine."

He holds my hands in his; I feel an immediate flutter and smile. He chuckles "one day, when the time comes, I will kiss you again but it would come at a surprise... But in that surprise, you will know I am yours and you are mine." I laugh "but I hate surprises." He smirks and holds my cheek in his hand "not this one you won't."

As I entered my room, I slam the door open and fly into my bed, burying my face into a pillow. I grab the pillow and smash it hard into my face. I take in a deep breath then scream my lungs out. 'What the hell just happened? Did I really just kiss Zayn? What would Louis think of this? Will Zayn tell Louis? Oh My God, Will he tell Luke? Shit, What if he does and Luke doesn't want to see me again? Or what if Ashton hates me now?' so many questions circled my mind, hitting me at 100mph.

I turn over to my back and look at the grey ceiling. I contemplate over my stupidity. What is wrong with me, I don't know Zayn at all and I'm already developing feelings for him. I sigh and sit on my bed; I sit quietly, listening to crickets chirping. I stand and walk over to my father's room. I open the door and look at the messy bed, shoes all over the place and clothes piled up everywhere.

I sigh and put my hair in a high pony tail. I start cleaning up his room. I make the bed, tuck in all the sheets and fix the pillows. I put his shoes back in the closet neatly and grab his hamper and dump all his clothes in it. I head down stair with the hamper, into the basement. There, we had our washer and drier. I place the clothes inside and put detergent and turn on the cycle.

I wait in the living room. I sit on the single couch with my legs close to my chest. i turn on the T.V. and watch That 70's Show, Michael Kelso's stupidity and Erik Forman's bad luck, I laugh till my throat becomes sore and my lungs start hurting. I love watching that show. I remember the first time I saw that show, i was back home; I was in school during the last class of the day. The teacher gave up on the class and went to his desk and graded papers. My best friend was laughing her socks off so I joined in and watched it with her. I got hooked fast.

By 11 at night, I was folding his clothes on the coffee table. I took super long, because what was supposed to be a 30 thirty minute job turned into 2 hours. I started watching Grey's Anatomy when I heard a car pull up the drive way. I jump off the couch and peek outside the curtain. Dad's grey car was parked out front. I run to the door, hearing the car alarm lock. I open the door wide and see him coming up the stairs with his brief case, tie loosened and his paled tired face. I run to him, clashing hard against him and hug him. He grabs me tight and I could feel tears forming around my eyes.

He lets go "Em's, why are you up so late?" I walk with him up the stairs "I was doing your laundry and watching some T.V." he locks the door behind him and heads up stairs "Emma I'm so sorry but I'm super tired." I fake a chuckle "its fine dad." He lazily goes up the stairs and disappears. I sigh and sit on the couch. I angrily grab his shirt and start to fold it. I was getting frustrated by not tucking the arms in right; I get it and slam it on the floor. I grab the other clothes and start hitting them against the floor. Tears start dripping down my face and I roll down to the floor from the couch. I pull a leg close to me, resting my head sideways on it and cry.