Chapter 89: Emma!

In the morning, there was a knock on the door and Zayn asked "can we come in?" I didn't answer so the lady next to me did "yeah, you can." I hear the door open and Niall laughing, shaking something "Emma, I brought you Lucky Charms." Then my curtain swings open and they both scream "Emma!" Niall drops the cereal box and Zayn runs to me "Emma! What did you do?!" I frown "What are you talking about!?" he yells "Your lip!" I sneer "I don't know what you're talking about Zayn." He goes through my gym bag and pulls out my compact mirror. He stashes it in my face.

I hold it and look at my lower lip. Its bruised and bleeding, bite marks all over my lip. Did I do this? When? How did I do this? How can I not feel it? Niall runs out to call my mom and Zayn runs to the bathroom and gets wet towels. The lady next to me sighs "last night I heard you crying." I look at her and then to the ceiling. Zayn gently touches my lip but I turn away from him. He frowns "Emma, what's wrong. Talk to me." I close my eyes and stay silent. Then my mom enters the room "She's depressed Zayn." Zayn sneers "Depressed? Of what?" my mom looks at me then sighs "when a woman has a baby, their body has a hard time coping. Their bodies stay in shock and many women fall in depression." Then Jane rushed in. She saw my face and sighed "Emma, sweetie, look at me." I open my eyes and she grins "honey, I'm going to send you to a therapist and there he'll tell you what's wrong." I whisper "there's nothing wrong with me." she grins and leaves.

My mom was worried about me so she assigned shifts so anyone could watch over me. everyone wanted to talk to me but I stayed quiet and stared at my ugly white ceiling. It has haunted me ever since I got there. I have developed feeling for a color that has no sentimental feelings towards me. Then, when my dad had my shift in the middle of the night, I sneaked out and visit my sleeping daughter.