Chapter 84: Alone

I made everyone leave my room and leave me alone, I just wanted to be alone and cope with my situation without anyone's help or encouragement. I just wanted to be swallowed by the ugly color white and sob my troubles away. So much has happened to me that I still don't know how I can breathe without breaking down.

An hour later Natalie and Arlene came into my room and found me dozed off, watching nothing but the stupid annoying white ceiling. Natalie sighed "Emma, we brought you your food." I close my eyes and gulp "I don't want to eat Nat." Arlene smiled "But we got you two cups of Jello." I whisper "I'm not hungry." Nat sighed and placed the tray on the side of my bed and they sat on the chairs. Arlene whispered "Em's, Are you okay?" I slowly open my eyes and stare at the ceiling "define okay." She sighed and grabbed my hand. Then Doctor Jane rushed into the room "I hear your mom was making a big fuss a few hours ago." I chuckle "Sorry." She sighed and sat at the corner of my bed "okay, here's the deal. Today you stay put and rest. Tomorrow you have to walk..." I cut her off, pleading "But it hurts me!" she sighed deeply and continued "And I understand but you have to Emma, to get better." I sneer "Really? You understand? Because I know Doctor's need say those pathetic lines to all their patients." She sighed "I had two boys, both C-section. And you're right, we do but when I say I understand, I understand Emma." I close my eyes shut. She chuckles "well seems like the nurses doing a good job, I'll check up on you in the night." She leaves and closes the door.

Natalie sneers "You didn't have to be rude Emma." I scoff and turn my head away from them. They kept pleading for me to eat and talk to them but I closed my eyes shut and tried my hardest to block them out.

By then I heard complete silence and I turn to see my room empty. But it wasn't for long. Zayn came in quietly, shutting the door carefully. He sighed "My parents are here. They want to see you but I told them you were sleeping. I know you want to be left alone." I roll my eyes and fix my head on the pillow "They can come in." He grinned "First tell me why you want to be left alone." I shrug and he scoffs, moving his hand up twice. I roll my eyes and sigh deeply "Zayn, try and tell... you tell yourself that you can do anything.... But you fail." He clicks his tongue "Emma, you didn't fail. You couldn't walk." I roll my eyes "just let them in Zayn." He sighed and frowned. He opened the door slowly and they waltz in. Balloons and Flowers with all the others.

They stayed for a bit, talking to me, asking me and wishing me the best to get better. Congratulating me on my beautiful daughter that they I will be willing to give away.

When they left, Zayn closed the door behind him and I turn my head to see the mass of flowers. Beautiful flowers that have days to remain beautiful. Their beauty is limited. Then they die. Are we flowers? Can we only take so much hardships that once our limits hit, we break down?