Chapter 82: Signing

At night, Liam and Michael left. Niall was asleep on the bed next to mine and suddenly Natalie stumbles her way inside my room "Em's... You're awake?" I sigh readjusting myself on my pillow "yeah, wide awake." She carefully sits on the chair next to me and looks at the floor. I turn to her "Nat, why did you go to Zayn's dorm?" She chuckles and shifts in her seat "well I was ignoring the constant text messages thinking it was my colleges from school and once I got annoyed I looked at the messages. Well I quickly changed and ran out and as I was crossing the street, I noticed Zayn's car parked out front. So I figured he was doing something quickly so I went and knocked on his door and he was asleep. I quickly told him and we went out in a flash." I frown "Nat, Zayn doesn't leave his car parked outside." She shrugs and coughs "well uh, I'm gonna go get some donuts and coffee. I'll be back."
Then my mother waltz in with her gym bag "guess what Emma." I roll my eyes "you saw a brilliant surgeon?" She rolls her eyes and chuckles "no silly. There letting us sleep in the on call room. Oh and Zayn's mother just called, she wanted you to know they couldn't make it cause they went on a cursing ship but they'll be here tomorrow afternoon." She sighs and starts taking out blankets and suddenly a stack of papers fall out. She chuckles lightly "oh, the adoption papers, you guys can sign them tomorrow, it's late and you need to rest." I close my eyes and gulp down the feelings. My mom walks over to Niall and wakes him up. He leans on my mother and she had to basically carry him on her shoulder.
A few minutes passed and Zayn entered our room and collapsed on the bed next to mine. He groans "your mother just asked me to hold onto the adoption papers but I told her I would lose them. Now I see that was a huge mistake. I could have "missed placed " the documents and it could have been over." I look up to the ceiling and sigh "am I a horrible person for not wanting to give up my daughter?" Zayn rolls his eyes "Emma, don't think about it. Just fall asleep." I sneer "how can you fall asleep knowing your daughter is sleeping so far away from us in an incubator!" He groans and turns side ways, giving his back to me "because Emma, we're sleeping in a hospital were doctors save lives. Now go to sleep." I ignore him  and stare into the ugly white ceiling. The infinite white stirred my eyes. I wondered if anyone who has been in this room have criticized the awful ceiling. It's so plain. I feel as if it were a mental institute. I sigh and begin to close my eyes.