Chapter 17: Horrible night

Out of all things, I had to encounter Zayn. I started thinking that the possibility of me getting kidnapped was better than me seeing Zayn here, even though I'm exaggerating, I wish anything else would happen. I wanted the earth to open and drag me inside. I couldn't face him, not after that night. I didn't think this situation would impact me but right now tells me otherwise. "Hey Zayn, I'm just walking around." I bend my knees down to see him. "Just strolling in the night?" he laughs and hits his palm on the wheel playfully. "Yeah, it got boring in my house." "It's a school night, suppose to be boring." I stay quiet and stare at my converse.

He pops his head out of the window "Wanna go eat some place, just to keep you entertained." I exhale loudly, blowing my hair out of the way "I don't know I don't want to bother." He chuckles "Emma, it's not a bother; it's a favor for both of us. We entertain ourselves." I bite my lip, debating whether I should go. Before I knew it, I was standing idiotically there for 5 minutes trying to decide to spend the night with Zayn. Even though in the first impression, I didn't want to see Zayn. Interrupting my thought "Emma?" I turn around and smile. "Sure." He smiled and I jump inside the car. I clip my belt and we drive off.

He drives around the city, looking for open restaurants around. We kept in silence, trying to find one. We ended up at burger king, a few miles away from my house. We get off and enter. I ask him to order for me while I get us a seat. I take a seat near the corner, having the window view. He comes to me, folding the receipt. He takes the seat in front of me, smiling "I got us kid's meals." I laugh, reclining back in my seat "Awesome! It would fit my child personality." "I know that's why I got it." I look over the play house "are you impulsive?" he stares at me "Depends."

I stare back and then suddenly run outside and enter the playground. Then I hear foot steps behind me as I climb into the slide. He screams out "Are you on something Emma? I wouldn't think you would be this type." I laugh "no I'm not, I'm the quite shy type. Friday has corrupted me though." I sit and make room for Zayn to sit next to me. He scoots next to me, squeezing me. I turn to him then slide down. I drop onto the floor and laugh. Then I see Zayn slipping down, I quickly roll over and witness Zayn flap onto the floor where I was at. I yelled "You could have killed me!"

He rolls to my side "yeah I know." Then an employee steps out, cuffing his hips "adults aren't allowed to play inside the play house. It's for kids only. Please do not enter again." He leaves and we burst into laughter. We stay on the floor for a while until Zayn heard our number being called out. We go back inside and I sit by the corner. I quickly think to myself, 'what the hell am I doing! What I am doing here with Zayn, I didn't want to see him but here I am getting in trouble. God, what am I thinking?' I bury my face on my hands then hear a tray slap onto the table. I look up to see two whoppers, two large fries and two large drinks. I gulp "Zayn, this is a lot, I may look like I eat a lot but I don't." he laughs "I got coupons; I paid a dollar for this. It's worth it, besides, whatever you don't eat, I'll eat it."

He bites into his burger but I interject "I usually say grace before I eat." His food popping on one side of his cheek, his eyes full with doubt "you're kidding?" I nod no and he swallows his food. I bend my head "lord thank you for this meal and protect us." I lift my head and start eating. He looks at me "usually people say amen after they've prayed." I laugh "Funny you say that, Arlene told me that." He asks "Arlene?" I sip on my soda "Yeah, she said normal people say amen after they pray." He lifts his eyebrow "Arlene?" laughing I said "Yes Arlene the midget, the sarcastic person, the one who saw your girlfriend." As once my mind had process my actions, I realized I had insulted him, causing him to turn away from me. I quickly added "I'm sorry Zayn, I didn't mean it that way, it was just I ran out of things to describe her." He turns back to me "Its fine Emma, I just hope people would stop telling me that." I drop the fry on my tray and look at him.