Chapter 88: First Time

My nurse walked in happy "good news Emma, after two weeks of spending quality time with you and you improving, I can finally take you walking to see your daughter." I yell "really!" she chuckles and gets me off the bed. She holds my hand firmly and we walk down the hall and into an elevator. She laughs "Your palms are sweaty." I chuckle "it's my first time seeing her." The elevator dings and the doors open. She chuckles "your daughter is at the end of the hall. I'll leave you to privacy okay."

She lets me go and I walk straight down. As I see the big window, I see at the far end the lit box with my tiny baby. My daughter was no bigger than my hand. Her delicate chest pumped up and down harshly. I cover my mouth and lean on the window. Suddenly I quickly saw my own reflection. I step back and see my eyes droopy red and my under eyelid dark. My face extremely pale. Then I feel a hand on my arm. I turn to see Zayn. He smiles "I talked to the nurses, they're gonna let us touch her." I smile and kiss him.

The nurse instructed us to put a blue paper gown and hand sanitizer and then our gloves. As she opens the door, I could feel my knees weaken and my heart sinking. Zayn goes to the left of the box and I stay to her right. Suddenly Zayn sneezes and she starts crying. I whisper "no, no don't cry. Don't cry dani." The nurse smiles "put your hands in these and touch her gently, I'll be outside waiting." Zayn puts his hands through and touches her. She starts crying even more. I plead "stop, please stop." But she continues to cry and I shut my eyes whispering "stop, stop please." Then Zayn starts singing "Sleep baby sleep, your father tends the sheep..." she cooed and stopped. I open my eyes and sing with him. She listened to our voices and fell asleep.

We leave 20 minutes later and my nurse takes me back to my room. On the elevator she sighs "Seems like you have a new roomie." I frown "What are you talking about?" she smiles "we're going to discharge you in two days. Marilyn already had her baby no rooms were available so we put her in your room." I grin a bit and we walk to my shared room. As I walk in, she was next to my bed, awake, with her husband. I slightly grin " hello." She smiled "You must be Emma." I smile and sit on my bed and lay back. She chuckles "isn't it great, being mothers, holding them in your arms." I close my eyes and sigh "you can hold your baby, mines in the incubator." Their smiles are drained and my nurse gave me a "behave!" look and walked away.

Zayn sighed "Em's I have to go work. Tomorrows Saturday so I'll be here all day. Bye love." He kisses me and leaves the room. Her husband chuckles "how long have you been here?" I sigh and shut my eyes "I've been here two weeks and a half." She giggles "that long? Did you have a C-section?" I sneer and sit up "I'm trying to get rest. Please, let me do so." They get offended and I stand up and pull the blue and white curtain all the way around me, blocking the world away.

They were quiet for some time when but then their family members came tovisit and started talking loud. I grab my pillow and smash it against my earsand look to the white ceiling. The white surrounded me and trapped me, confinedme to the horrors of my life. Then night came. I was ready to close my eyes buta nurse came in with a crying baby. I hear the parents whispering and singingbut the baby kept crying. I slam my hands on my ears, shut my eyes close andwhisper pleading for the baby to stop crying. I cry and get annoyed and tug onmy hair tight. I start softly singing my lullaby and by then, I closed my eyesand fell asleep.