Chapter 43: Starry Vs. Wilma

nothing seems to brighten up my days anymore. I have literally just been going to school and coming back home without feeling better. I miss England. I made it my home and now I can't be there until another 5 months. Sometimes life is so ironic! First you hate it then you love and then it is taken away from you.

As Wilbert spends more time with us at the house, I've actually gotten to like him. He's so nice and funny. He tells me the weirdest stories he experiences in the ER. Like he was telling me today that this lady came into the ER because she had a heart attack. They were asking her all these questions that might have triggered the cardiac arrest and it turns out she has high cholesterol and diabetes. She ate an entire gallon of ice cream because she went to a palm reader and she told her that today was going to be her last day. Ironically, that was true, she could've died.

Anyways, he calls me Em's now, which I seem to like it, I mean only close people can call me that and I guess now he's a favorite. Sometimes I feel bad about dad but I think dad would be better off without mom. I mean dad can find happiness again just like mom did.

You know, Wilbert was married once too. He tells me the most tragic back story, which Is why I think I like him now. He told me that he and his ex wife tried to have a baby and when it happened, it died 12 weeks later. She was so horrified; she blamed herself and was such in a depressive mood. She left him; she packed her bags and didn't tell him where she was going. He didn't know where she went, if she was well. Then about a year later, he gets two letters in the mail, one letter was from her. She explained to him why she left and that she found herself another life in another country. The second letter was from the court house about divorced papers. He tells me he doesn't know what he did wrong, what made her leave. He's still sad about what happened but he has moved on. Actually, he tells me that my mom has been the only woman he's been with since his ex wife. Just shows to me that he doesn't want to hurt my mom and I love him for it. I really like Wilbert.

As for Harry and Sharron, they've had a shaky relationship lately. It turns out that Sharron really doesn't support Harry's idea of his future. She always assumed that Harry would be right behind her, following her shadows. When Harry got an interview for a Hollywood school, she flipped. She accused him for not thinking of her, that she wanted to be a dancer in New York. That she couldn't stay here in California and when Harry told her the truth, she hated him. She could never really face him the same. I've tried talking to Sharron about Harry's choices but she shuts me down. She thinks that he doesn't love her enough and blames me for taking his side of things, calling me a bad friend. Honestly, she doesn't think about others, her fathers overwhelming wealth has gotten the best of her.

I will always support my best friends, but I will always give my very best to protect Harry. He has been an amazing friend and brother to me, I love him without doubt. He tells me that Sharron won't let him speak either, that it's a closed communication relationship.

When I do get to Skype with my friends, I'm overly joyful. I talk to them for hours, sometimes, Natalie is even there. Liam tells me that he is getting his other ear fixed in three months. Michael is trying to get Natalie to date him. Louis and Eleanor are thinking of traveling the world and becoming missionaries. Ashton and Arlene are doing really good; they seem to be any typical married couple. Zayn is always chatting with me alone, telling me about his lonely miserable days without me. Then when my mother and I call Natalie, she seems super happy in the modeling school.

Natalie really doesn't talk to me much, she just makes small talk and I get worried. I feel like she's hiding something. Then Zayn tells me she's okay but I know Natalie. Something is bothering and I think it has to do with my dad not being there all the time.